Maintenance / Process Improvement
Doaktown Sawmill in Doaktown, NB
MAINTENANCE AND PROCESS IMPROVEMENT
J.D. Irving, Limited is currently seeking a motivated individual for the role of Maintenance and Process Improvement in Doaktown, NB.
Why Choose this Job:
- Current and future opportunities to work in Atlantic Canada
- Requires someone who is hard working, energetic and motivated
- Dynamic career opportunities for growth
- Part of a large family-oriented team environment
The Job Opportunity:
- Commitment to top performance in a safe work environment is necessary
- Supervision of industrial mechanics, electricians and welders in a mill setting
- Lead improvement of Maintenance Best Practices and Mill operating practices
- Data collection and analysis, including financial analysis of potential and active projects
- Ensuring projects are in control and measuring savings
- Assist maintenance team with scheduling, work order processing, parts and inventory control, payroll, and preparing and submitting daily and weekly reports
- Training and development of apprentice
- Availability for evenings and weekends when required
- Education Required: Bachelor's Degree in forestry, technical, or mechanical-related degree program (Min 2 year program).
- 2-3 years of supervisory experience
- Mechanical knowledge is essential
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office and JD Edwards E1 are an asset
- Lean Six Sigma training would be an asset
- Ability to prioritize tasks to consistently meet deadlines
- Project management skills, including the ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities.
At J.D. Irving, Limited, you are part of an energetic team of professionals who lead with integrity and are passionate about achieving results. With a culture that nurtures talent and creates an inclusive workplace, you can grow your career across our diverse operating divisions.
Founded in 1882, J.D. Irving, Limited (JDI) has operations in Eastern Canada (New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island, Quebec, Ontario, Newfoundland and Labrador), and the United States. We are a team of 16,000 dedicated employees.
To Apply for this Career Opportunity: Please apply online.
We appreciate your interest in our company! Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here .
J.D. Irving, Limited, Sawmill Division is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.