Assistant Manager, Production Planning
Irving Shipbuilding in Halifax, NS
ASSISTANT MANAGER, PRODUCTION PLANNING
Irving Shipbuilding, located at 3099 Barrington Street Halifax NS B3K 5M7, is part of the J.D. Irving Group of companies and is in the business of building quality ships and repairing vessels. The company's primary site is Halifax Shipyard, with three other locations in the Maritime Provinces. Irving Shipbuilding is currently working on a number of significant projects for the Department of National Defense and the Canadian Coast Guard. The company's commitment to health, safety and care for its employees and the environment is an integral part of its business.
Irving Shipbuilding Inc. is currently recruiting for an Assistant Planning Manager. This is a permanent full-time staff roles based in Halifax, NS.
- Education Required: Associate's Degree / CEGEP / Vocational or Technical Training
- Minimum 10 years of 'new build' shipbuilding experience
- Demonstrable leadership experience
- Strong understanding of planning fundamentals for shipbuilding programs including build strategy, detailed production planning, bill of material development and job package development for the shop floor
All successful applicants must meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), Canadian Government Security clearance, and U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
- Supervise, co-ordinate and schedule activities of Planners and Team Leads.
- Co-ordinate scheduled and unscheduled work activities with other units
- Recommend measures to improve productivity and product quality
- Train staff in job duties, safety procedures and company policies
- Prepare production and other reports
- Manage creation of job pack schedule in accordance with the integrated master schedule and work package schedule in Aveva
- Assign resources, to the skill level, based on allocated budgets, and norms
- Attend / conduct look-ahead meetings prior to job start with all players, to review, discuss, amend and approve job packs
- Interface with the warehousing team to proactively resolve any impending material kit issues
- Work closely with production control to feedback any updates/changes to the job to ensure accurate and timely monitoring and control
- Attend close out meetings to confirm each job is fully completed and obtain continuous improvement feedback for implementation
What we Offer:
- Irving Shipbuilding is proud to offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including but not limited to medical, dental, and vision
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
We appreciate your interest in our company! Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Irving Shipbuilding Inc. is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies, and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.