Project Coordinator Calgary, AB 04/06/2019
WSP in Calgary, AB
WSP is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 48,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 8,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We're among the LinkedIn Top 25 Companies two years in a row, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects .
At WSP :
- We value our people and our reputation
- We are locally dedicated with international scale
- We are future focused and challenge the status quo
- We foster collaboration in everything we do
- We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable
WSP is currently seeking a Project Coordinator to join our Geomatics team, located at our Calgary office. Reporting to the Market Sector Lead, Pipelines, this position will be responsible for supporting project managers to successfully secure and execute projects.
- Provide project specific support to Project Managers - effective planning, coordinating, scheduling and assisting with project quality controls.
- Assist in the submission of proposals.
- Maintain accurate and up-to date logs for drawings, vendor / subcontractor lists, RFI'S, change orders and track responses and advise Project Management team on status.
- Track requirements of the quality management processes.
- Coordination of deliverables and health and safety documentation.
- Complete project estimates and schedules.
- Resolve issues as required through the course of the project.
- Effectively managing changes to project scope, timeline and budget.
- Track and report on project milestones, deliverables and budgets.
- Project budget tracking, and invoice preparation and submission to clients.
- Coordinate project team communications and document client meetings, interactions and activities.
- Coordinate project closing through archiving of project documentation and coordination of lessons learned documentation, client feedback documentation, sub-consultant evaluations and project experience profiles.
- Diploma or Degree in Geomatics, Business, Administration, or related discipline.
- 3+ years' experience in the Geomatics industry.
- Experience in Biginch pipeline construction projects.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) and .pdf modification programs. Experience with Gantt Charts is desirable.
- Understanding of basic accounting processes and the ability to carry out project accounting cost tracking and reporting;
- Ability to work effectively and competently with people at all levels in the organization; is a great team member.
- Ability to work without supervision; effective time management and strong organizational skills.
- Contribute on an on-going basis toward maintaining a safe working environment both for yourself and for those working with you or in your close vicinity.
- Ability to work to deadlines and see tasks through to completion.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Adaptable and able to think outside the box.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP Canada Inc.