Field Supervisor Kamloops, BC 04/06/2019
WSP in Kamloops, BC
WSP is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 48,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 8,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We're among the LinkedIn Top 25 Companies two years in a row, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects .
At WSP :
- We value our people and our reputation
- We are locally dedicated with international scale
- We are future focused and challenge the status quo
- We foster collaboration in everything we do
- We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable
WSP is currently seeking a Field Supervisor to join our Geomatics team, located at our Kamloops office. Reporting to the Market Sector Leader, Pipelines, this position will be responsible for supervising and instructing the field activities of field crews to ensure completion of projects in a safe, efficient, cost effective manner and according to instructions provided by the client, project manager and business line managers..
- Act as a positive ambassador for the company in all situations where there is contact with the public, our clients or potential clients.
- Attend daily, weekly and as required Contractor and Client on-site and off-site meetings.
- Coordinate with Field Crew Supervisor to arrange crew resources, establish schedules and rotations and tracks crew activities. Provides project forecasting for resources required and completion time lines.
- In conjunction with the Project Managers, monitor productivity with the goal to complete projects within the budgeted time frame.
- Review and approve Labour, Equipment and Materials (LEM) reporting daily.
- Assist the Project Managers with various project related tasks including but not limited to calculations, field package preparation, projects tracking and scheduling.
- Ensure field procedures and returns (notes and data) are being completed according to the WSP Work Instructions.
- Leads and participates in Emergency Response Planning, Hazard Assessment, Job Safety Analysis development, daily tailgate meetings and ensures compliance for all crew activities.
- Prepare detailed daily and weekly safety and project progress reports. Moreover, assist Project and Construction Manager on trends, variance, and change of Scope of Work.
- Assist onsite Data Processor with QA/QC of field crews work.
- Coordinate with WSP field crew activities to ensure the client and contractor expectations and needs are met by field crews.
- In conjunction with the Field Crew Supervisor, ensures that the survey crews are professionally trained for the tasks at hand and that the safety requirements of the client, OH&S and the WSP Safety program are implemented on all projects.
- Instruct field staff on daily work assignments.
- Responsible for onsite deliverables and redlining of construction drawings.
- Diploma or Degree in Geomatics Engineering Technology, Civil Engineering Technology, or related discipline preferred.
- 5 to 10 years of field survey experience with focus on Biginch Pipeline construction projects.
- Contribute on an on-going basis toward maintaining a safe working environment both for yourself and for those working with you or in your close vicinity.
- Working knowledge and familiarity with TBC, ArcGIS, AutoCAD software and ProjectWise would be an asset. Proficient in Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Ability to work without supervision; effective time management and strong organizational skills.
- Ability and willingness to travel for the client, project, and WSP requirements and to respond to situations that occur outside traditional working hours.
- Excellent communication, organizational, time management and interpersonal skills.
- Strong mentoring, training and coaching abilities
- Adaptable and able to think outside the box.
- Ability to support and mentor/teach other members of the team.
- Required to travel to site within Western Canada.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP Canada Inc.