Director - HR Transformation
Vitalité Health Network delivers and manages health care services in northern and southeastern New Brunswick.
With nearly 60 points of service, the Network provides the public with a range of health care services in the official language of their choice.
The Network is seeking a dynamic leader who will participate in the transformation of our human resources services and programs. As a key member of the team, you will work with people possessing a broad range of competencies and expertise.
The Network launched a health care system transformation and modernization plan in 2017. Human resources must participate strongly in the organization's strategy for the objectives to be achieved. Human capital is the cornerstone of this organizational performance. In addition to experiencing multiple challenges related to organizational changes, the Network is experiencing significant recruitment demand related to the imbalance between supply and demand as well as to major technology developments that have required the human resources team to transform and modernize its human resources, processes and technologies to support the organization's vision.
We have therefore created a new opportunity for an experienced person with an exceptional background achieving impressive results and with the necessary vision and insight to advance in their career and be part of a winning team.
As director, you will lead the human resources team to develop complex deliverables tailored to employees' needs, will provide enlightened leadership, and will collaborate with our management team to meet the workforce's demands, all based on high performance and excellence.
We are seeking a person who is motivated to contribute new and innovative ideas, analyze the environment, and build long-term relationships with the Network's users.
- Act as a strategic business partner with the CEO, VP HR and senior leadership team while taking ownership of HR transformation processes to support operations and employees of the Network;
- Develop and maintain an employee-oriented culture that emphasizes quality, continuous improvement and high performance;
- Partner with management to understand the long-term organizational objectives, identify areas of opportunity, and transform HR interventions to meet the short- and long-term growth strategies of the Network;
- Design, develop and oversee the implementation of best-practice initiatives for core HR policies and programs;
- Act as a change agent to build awareness of new HR processes and facilitate successful process, behaviour and cultural change;
- Lead the HR Administration Team in providing proactive metrics that drive forecasting capabilities and strategic insights;
- Lead in areas, including organizational design, workforce planning, people analytics and insight, HR business development processes, performance management, employee development, succession planning and social responsibility while ensuring alignment with the Network's culture and values;
- Partner with the Talent Acquisition Team, ensuring a seamless and amazing candidate experience for new employee onboarding from offer letter to departure;
- Design and deliver a succession program to drive business performance and enhance employee engagement and retention;
- Lead and enhance the performance management program to support management and employees with performance, coaching, goal setting, succession, recognition and career management;
- Lead and/or oversee the design and delivery of strategic HR programs across all business functions;
- Measure employee engagement through surveys and utilize HR analytics/insights to develop actionable plans to elevate the employee experience;
- Direct the development of the corporate HRIS system;
- Direct the HR administration functions, including the HR call centre, medical libraries, compensation, vacation/leave records, benefits and all related exit calculations;
- Ensure ongoing leadership and development of, and compliance with, applicable health, safety and employment legislation, with required policies and training programs in place;
- Direct the development, implementation, monitoring and enhancement of all HR programs and respective budgets, including, but not limited to, the following: recruitment, workforce planning, onboarding, training and development, reward and recognition, performance management, job evaluation/classification, and occupational health and safety and accessibility obligations;
- Conduct research into HR programs, activities and best practices to keep abreast of new developments;
- Develop and revise new and existing HR policies, practices and procedures to ensure they reflect applicable legislation and corporate culture;
- Develop and maintain positive cross-functional relationships at all levels of the organization to understand business needs and deliver effective and efficient HR solutions;
- Coach and assist senior management in complex performance management and disciplinary issues;
- Provide employee relations advice and services, conduct research into issues, and maintain a solid knowledge of staff relations principles, guidelines, practices and legislative requirements;
- Lead the development and on-going enhancement of the learning and professional development program, while identifying organizational needs and determining course offerings;
- Research, develop and implement new HR programs and services identified through management discussions, organizational strategy and identified opportunities (i.e. management support program, career development program and coaching and mentoring program);
- Promote HR programs and assess their effectiveness;
- Lead the internal job evaluation program and committee, provide advice to managers on the use of job evaluation questionnaires, and co-ordinate final job evaluation documentation and approval for ratification at the provincial level;
- Oversee and participate in other projects/initiatives as required;
- Identify and support operational efficiency opportunities.
- Experience - 10-15 years of progressive HR experience leading teams and delivering service to clients, Master's degree in relevant field, HR professional certification preferred, demonstrated experience in HR transformation leadership role
- Business Acumen - demonstrated analytical thinking and production of high quality deliverables that create sustainable value and enhancement of the Network's people and services
- Global Acumen - productive engagement in complex, changing environments
- Technical Capabilities - adherence to guiding people and organizational practices and methodologies with a focus on leading-edge HR technology and services; strong command of both French and English languages
- Client/Partner Relationships - written and verbal communication is impactful, building relationships with an open mind; passionate about client service excellence
- Leadership - self-starter, inspiring and leading teams with the development of thought leadership.
Knowledge of spoken and written French and English is essential.
NOTES:1. Salary commensurate with provincial scale for management staff.
2. The classification of this position will be studied by the Position Description Questionnaire (PDQ).
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Vitalité Health Network is a smoke-free environment