Sobeys Inc. in Mississauga, ON
Requisition ID: 51567
Career Group: Corporate Careers
Job Category: Information Technology
Travel Requirements: 0 - 10%
Country: Canada (CA)
Province: Ontario (CA-ON)
Location: Tahoe Office
A proudly Canadian retail company, Sobeys began in 1907 as a small meat delivery business in Stellarton, Nova Scotia. Today, Sobeys Inc. serves the food shopping needs of Canadians with approximately 1,500 stores in all 10 provinces under retail banners that include Sobeys, Safeway, IGA, Foodland, FreshCo, Thrifty Foods, and Lawton's Drug Stores as well as in-store pharmacies, liquor and more than 350 retail fuel locations.
Together with our 125,000 employees and franchise affiliates and a collective passion for delivering exceptional food and shopping experiences, Sobeys' purpose is to improve the lives of Canadians by helping them Eat Better, Feel Better and Do Better. .
All career opportunities will be open a minimum of 5 business days from the date of posting.
Sobeys is full of exciting opportunities and we are always looking for bright new talent to join our team! We currently have an opportunity for a Project Manager to join our IT team based out of Mississauga, ON.
What you'll get to do in this fast-paced role:
- Deliver projects on time, on budget within agreed upon scope and quality
- Communicate clear and concise project status to stakeholders at all levels
- Plan and control projects from initiation to conclusion
- Align your project stakeholders on the objectives of the project and continually check in to ensure expectations are met or exceeded
- Develop Project charters and Change Requests that outlines project objectives, scope, timelines and budget
- Develop and maintain project schedules, resource plans and cost estimates
- Assess project risks including the determination and execution of risk mitigation strategies
- Assure project deliverables are of high quality
- Manage and escalate project issues and key decision points (KDPs)
- Faciliate solutions to technical, functional, process, and business problems
- Train and lead project staff in project management/software development lifecycle processes
- Coordinate project activities between Technology and other functions
- Work with Technology and other Functional areas to create and manage resource plans to effectively deliver the project
What your resume will include and demonstrate to us :
- An undergraduate degree in Computer Science or Business, or equivalent experience
- 6-8+ years of work experience in a similar Project Management role
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification
- Extensive experience using a defined Project Management Process - initiating, planning, executing, controlling and closing projects, and Software Development Life Cycle Process
- Experienced in working with vendors, developing and delivering project presentations / reports, and identifying and evaluating alternatives
- Experience managing large retail projects preferred
Sobeys is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process and will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of this process.
While all responses are appreciated only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.
We appreciate the interest from the Staffing industry however respectfully request no calls or unsolicited resumes from Agencies.