Software Eng (Dev) I
IGT in Moncton, NB
IGT is the global leader in gaming. We enable players to experience their favorite games across all channels and regulated segments, from Gaming Machinesto Lotteries to Interactive. We have a well-established local presence and relationships with governments and regulators in more than 100 countries around the world, and create value by adhering to the highest standards of service, integrity, and responsibility. IGT has over 12,000 employees.
The SPIELO brand represents a complete range of end-to-end gaming products for diverse gaming segments, including distributed government-sponsored markets, commercial casino markets, and Amusement With Prize (AWP) markets.
Applies a systematic, disciplined, quantifiable approach for modifications of existing applications, simple changes, reports and request for services with minimal supervision.
- Designs and develops data storage systems, processes and enhancements for company's complex systems
- Leads the design of production storage environments
- Participates in group design discussions and expected to understand basic storage design
- Develops solutions and processes for reliable and stable data storage management, security , backup restoration, archiving and replication
- Requires only minor supervision to troubleshoot and make repairs on storage related incidents
- Basic Proficiency in Software Development, Software Design, Software Testing, Software Maintenance, Software Configuration Mgt. Software Engineering Tools and Software Quality
- Assists with the implementation of new or additional storage technology to improve infrastructure service locally and remotely
- Document processes and procedures related to the implementation and maintenance of storage solutions
- Demonstrates a relentless commitment to meeting and exceeding customers' expectations while also achieving the goal of reducing the risks and costs of providing services
- Works to build an effective partnership with the internal customer on a daily basis. Listens to customers and asks the appropriate questions to determine their requirements
- Collaborates with other parts of the organization as required to first share and analyze customer requirements and then develop and implement the best strategy and processes to meet those requirements
- Ensures that customers' concerns or service level incidents are addressed promptly and efficiently by personally troubleshooting and implementing solutions or escalating to the appropriate member of management
- Participates in the project management of storage solutions
- Schedules, plans, and performs periodic scheduled maintenance and tuning activities to optimize performance.
- Recommends, implements and measures best practices for storage solutions
- Adheres to service level agreements by following established SLA performance requirements
- Adheres to IT best practices by following established IT best practice performance
- Adheres to Incident Management process
- Adheres to Change Management process
- Adheres to Release Management process and performs assigned release actions.
- Adheres to Audit Management process and procedures and performs assigned actions to capture audit evidence criteria
- Completes special projects with minimum to no assistance from Manager
- Participates in individual professional development by completing an individual development plan, participating in mentoring activities, tracking and reporting of development, and communicating career path goals and objectives.
- Provides training, mentoring, and coaching to assigned resources
- Bachelor of Science degree or equivalent work experience/certifications
Years of Experience:
- Practical industry experience or have experience in collegiate storage solution projects.
Minimum technical knowledge and skills
- Comprehensive knowledge of Office suite and PC operating systems
- Advanced ability to detect, analyze, troubleshoot and escalate system and server incidents
- Advanced ability to forecast, recommend, and implement capacity planning
- Displays strong technical writing skills and presents information in a professional and engaging manner
- Promotes teamwork and cooperation and builds strong relationships at all levels. Effectively collaborates and negotiates
- Organizes and plans work effectively. Balances priorities among stakeholders
- Effectively resolves moderately complex issues by reviewing and analyzing relation information, diagnosing, evaluating options and implementing solutions. Exhibits sound business judgment and exhibits common sense
- Completes work in a thorough, accurate, well thought out, and timely manner and with attention to detail
- Demonstrates high degree of ethics, integrity and confidentiality at all times
- Displays initiative and self-motivation. Sets high goals for self and others and demonstrates a strong sense of urgency. Achieves results in a high-pressure environment
- Exhibits ability to accept constructive feedback
- Effectively delivers training in area of expertise
- Intermediate level - ITIL best practices and associated tools related to Incident, Change, Release, Audit, and Problem Management
- Intermediate level - ISMS policies and procedures
- Basic level - Environmental systems and procedures
Other skills - Required
- Must be able to support 24X7X365 operations as required to include holiday and weekend work as needed
Keys to Success
• Building collaborative relationships
• Decision making
• Drive results
• Foster innovation
• Personal energy
IGT is committed to sustaining a workforce that reflects the diversity of the global customers and communities we serve, creating a fair and inclusive culture that enables all our employees to feel valued, respected and engaged. IGT is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal opportunities without regard to sex, race, color, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity or expression, marital or family status, and any other personal attributes protected by federal, provincial or other laws. We thank all applicants for applying; however, only those selected to interview will be contacted.
IGT (NYSE: IGT) is the global leader in gaming. For more information, please visit www.igt.com .