Marketing Automation Specialist (03-1997)
Reporting to the Manager, MarTech Strategy, the Marketing Automation Specialist primary responsibilities within the marketing technology team will be to manage the marketing automation programs including the design, build, execution and optimization of our customer campaigns and work closely with members of the marketing team as a key strategic contributor to deliver highly effective lead generation, customer nurture and demand generation programs that positively impact ROI. This role will collaborate with the extended marketing team to adopt industry best practices with regards to digital automation to help consistently meet and or exceed mutually agreed upon Key Performance Indices (KPIs).
- Management of the customer journeys within the marketing automation platforms
- Successfully design, deploy, maintain and optimize lead generation, demand generation and customer nurture programs using the marketing automation platforms
- Assist in the evaluation of new functionality and tools for feasibility and impact to the business
- Experience and configuring and optimizing data flows between marketing automation systems and CRM systems
- Define best practices and educate internal partners on those best practices for the use of the marketing technology platforms.
- Develop and maintain program performance reports, tracking and analysis of program
- Interact with a variety of stakeholders (e.g., I.T., Marketing and Sales teams)
- Create effective and clear written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- A minimum of two (2) years direct experience in marketing, advertising, interactive or online marketing experience, project management and/or relevant work experience required.
- Experience with Adobe Campaign, Marketo, Hubspot, Salesforce Marketing Cloud, or other digital marketing automation and email marketing platforms preferred
- Experience with digital marketing analytics, including Adobe Analytics or Google Analytics, a plus
- Experience working both independently and in a team-oriented collaborative environment
- Familiar with lead processing and flow best practices
- Strong communications skills and an ability to work directly with users to refine business requirements
- Excellent organizational, analytical and planning skills with great attention to detail
- Self-motivated and directed with the ability to manage multiple tasks
- A business-focused approach to implementing technology solutions. An ability and interest in understanding the underlying business need so solutions that are delivered add value to the business.
- Experience working in an Agile team environment
- Results driven and able to work independently to achieve set goals in a fast-paced environment
Work With Us
There are many reasons why we choose to work at Atlantic Lottery (AL) and one of the most important is feeling a sense of belonging and pride in being part of a company that exists to make Atlantic Canada a better place. AL wants to give back by investing in you through career development and growth that enhances your skills and leaves you feeling energized to come to work each day. We believe our most important asset is our people and we want you to progress at the pace of your talent and to the degree of your commitment. Does this opportunity fit within your development interests?
At Atlantic Lottery, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.