Gift Shop Clerk
DEPARTMENT OF TOURISM, HERITAGE AND CULTURE
GIFT SHOP CLERK
(SALES AND SERVICE ATTENDANT)
Hopewell Cape, NB
The Department of Tourism, Heritage and Culture is seeking an individual to join the Hopewell Rocks team as a gift shop clerk.
As member of the Hopewell Rocks team, the successful candidate will be responsible to offer prompt, efficient and professional customer service.
The duties and responsibilities include:
- Provide customer service;
- Greet public/respond to inquiries (telephone and in-person);
- Operate cash register/box;
- Process payments, balance/reconcile funds and prepare daily bank deposits;
- Stocking shelves;
- Price, store and stock supplies/inventory;
- Count inventory monthly and yearly;
- Assist in training and integration of new employees;
- setting up displays;
- Clean work area daily and weekly;
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Completion of grade 10
An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
Written and spoken competence in English and spoken competence in French is required. Please state your language capability.
Applicants must clearly demonstrate the essential qualifications to be given further consideration. Please ensure that preferred language for assessment is identified on your resume.
ASSET QUALIFICATIONS: Preference may be given to candidates that possess:
- Possession of a valid Emergency First Aid/CPR certification;
- Six months of related work experience in Customer Service;
- Experience in the retail industry and/or the tourism industry;
Subject to the response to this competition, candidates may be required to demonstrate on their application one or more of the asset qualifications in addition to the essential qualifications in order to be given further consideration.
The following operational requirements are also required:
- Working evenings and weekends;
- Working shifts (days and/or evenings).
BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES: The successful candidate will possess the following behavioral competencies:
- Client Service Orientation
- Effective Interactive Communication
- Concern for Order
- Teamwork and cooperation
Resumes should be in chronological order specifying education and employment in months and years including part-time and full-time employment. This competition may be used to fill future vacancies at the same level.
SALARY: $14.03 per hour
We encourage applicants to apply by email to email@example.com or by mail at the following address on or before June 7, 2019.
Tidal Treasures Gift Shop
131 Discovery Road
Hopewell Cape, NB E4H 4Z5
We thank all those who apply however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
We promote a scent-free environment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The New Brunswick Public Service: Improving the lives of New Brunswickers every day!