Market Sector Leader Calgary, AB 04/06/2019
WSP in Calgary, AB
WSP is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 48,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 8,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We're among the LinkedIn Top 25 Companies two years in a row, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects .
At WSP :
- We value our people and our reputation
- We are locally dedicated with international scale
- We are future focused and challenge the status quo
- We foster collaboration in everything we do
- We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable
CALGARY OR EDMONTON
WSP is currently seeking a Market Sector Leader to join our Geomatics team, located at either our Calgary or Edmonton office. Reporting to the Director this individual will be a critical team member in the delivery of Land Surveying and Geomatics work in the province of Alberta across multiple industries.
- Are you a passionate Land Surveyor (ALS) or Senior Project Manager interested in working on challenging, dynamic, and diverse projects in a global company?
- Do you want to be part of major Transportation, Rail, Power and Infrastructure projects in Alberta? Are you looking to expand your experience in managing large teams and collaborate with top tier clients in Alberta?
- Do you want to influence, guide and coordinate with various internal disciplines to ensure the successful completion of state-of-the-art projects?
- Are you passionate about growth opportunities and exposure to leading practices within a growing, global multinational firm?
What you can expect:
- Collaborative environment in which to complete marquee land survey and geomatics projects.
- Coaching, leadership and innovation opportunities across Alberta and the global WSP geomatics community.
- Communication and coordination with clients and other design consultants.
- Opportunities for growth and Professional Development while leveraging technical ability and innovation across our Geomatics business in Canada and our geospatial service offering.
- An environment and culture that puts employee safety first.
- Work closely with the client Project Managers, Project Engineers to ensure projects are initiated in a timely manner and the priorities are aligned.
- Plan and execute business development strategies and territory plans.
- Increase Alberta Transportation, Infrastructure and Power revenue year over year by maintaining relationships with existing clients and identifying new leads to grow client base.
- Maintain appropriate utility targets for you and your team.
- Attend bi-weekly KPI meetings addressing Project performance and DSO.
- Liaise with team regarding the field surveying, priority setting and issuing of the final survey plans.
- Work closely with and coordinate survey crews to maximize production and quality while minimizing cost.
- Standardization of survey deliverables both in the field and office. Plan checking of survey plans and access maps when required.
- Continuously look for ways to be innovative and deliver new solution to our clients. Track projects to ensure surveys are completed and delivered on time.
- Ensure all client and WSP safety requirements are met and consistently apply WSP quality standards on all work performed.
- Approving daily field and office LEM's and ensuring all Project Managers complete this daily.
- Ensuring all Project Managers complete invoicing in a timely manner.
- Conduct field safety audits and ensure all Project Managers complete safety audits as prescribed.
- Member of the Association of Alberta Land Surveyors is considered an asset
- 10 Years' Experience in the Geomatics field.
- Strong business development, survey, project management and financial management skills;
- Exceptional people management skills and relationship building skills;
- Experience in the provision of geomatics services and the management of geomatics projects;
- Excellent communication and management skills;
- Demonstrated interpersonal and leaderships skills and the ability to work well in a team environment;
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking abilities;
- Willingness and ability to travel to sites across Alberta.
- Experience in design, construction support and project management of transportation and infrastructure projects.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP Canada Inc.