Criminologist - Case Manager
NOTE: Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
BARGAINING UNIT: Management and Non Bargaining
ZONE : Zone 5 - Restigouche
FACILITY : Restigouche Hospital Centre
DEPARTMENT : Psychotic Disorders
CLASSIFICATION : Criminologist - Case Manager
STATUS : Permanent full-time
FTE : 1.0
ANTICIPATED DATE : As soon as possible
HOURS OF WORK :
8-hour shifts - mainly days
Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
Under the authority of the Program Manager, the incumbent provides all services based on the biopsychosocial needs of patients or a group of patients under his/her care. He/s he assesses the patient's mental and physical condition and coordinates services, care and treatments to assist the patient in his/her recovery. He/s he ensures the client's overall care - from admission to support within the community - by developing an interdisciplinary plan with the participation of the client and his family. His/ her interventions are carried out in an interdisciplinary approach with the members of his/her team as well as with the professional consultants, the medical staff and the community partners. Thus, he/she develops, updates and implements the interdisciplinary plan of the patient. He/ she also has the clinical responsibility of the interveners that he/she will guide in the choice of intervention methods. Finally, he/s he participates actively in maintaining knowledge and skills and is involved in quality improvement and patient safety initiatives.
- Bachelor's degree in criminology;
- Years of experience related to the job would be an asset;
- Successfully complete the OMEGA course or commitment to undertake such a course , or any employer-designated crisis intervention training
- Valid BLS certificate or commitment to undertake such a course;
- Ability to establish internal and external partnerships thanks to their knowledge of the environment and unifying spirit;
- Good leadership and communication skills;
- Strategic thinking and innovative and collaborative management style;
- Strong problem-solving, planning, program development and evaluation skills;
- Strong ability to work in a changing environment;
- Recognized ability to achieve results either directly or through teamwork;
- Proficiency in the use of computer tools;
- Availability to travel within the Network territory;
- Ability to work independently and as a team member;
- Physical ability to perform assigned duties;
- Good previous work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethics principles, to the Network management philosophy and organizational values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality established by the Vitalité Health Network.
Written and spoken competence in English and French is essential.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Vitalité Health Network is a smoke-free environment