Infrastructure Technical Specialist
Service New Brunswick
Infrastructure Technical Specialist
Pay Band 6
The Technology Services Division of Service New Brunswick is searching for an individual who would enjoy a meaningful and rewarding career in the support and advancement of IT Operations. As an Infrastructure Technical Specialist, you will provide technical leadership and guidance to a team that manages the delivery of infrastructure services across all areas of the Government of New Brunswick. You will be supported by highly skilled teams, located throughout New Brunswick.
The Government of New Brunswick is seeking to establish a world leading position with respect to a digital society and the majority of these initiatives will be developed and supported by Service New Brunswick. We will see a significant and exciting transformation on how government delivers services to NB citizens. We are looking for people who want to be part of this transformation and make a positive impact on the lives of all New Brunswickers. This is your opportunity to become a member of our innovative and dynamic team.
As a member of the Technology Services team, you will be reporting to the Manager of Infrastructure Applications and be a senior technical resource in the IT Operations team.
Your responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Providing guidance and oversight to the entire Enterprise Infrastructure Application environment
- Helping develop the infrastructure application roadmap and strategy
- Developing, implementing and maintaining IT Operations principles, standards, frameworks, and strategies
- Providing technical leadership and guidance to a group of Senior Infrastructure Analysts
- Developing and validating standard operating procedures and related processes for Change, Incident and Problem Management are an aspect of all infrastructure and system support and align with ITIL methodologies
- Monitoring overall performance of the IT Operations environment and develop improvements for the quality and efficiency of the team's service delivery
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS: A university degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related discipline and a minimum of six (6) years of related experience OR a college diploma in a related discipline and a minimum of eight (8) years of related experience. Subject to the response to this competition, an equivalent combination of education training and experience may be considered, or the required years of experience may be increased.
Written and spoken competence in English is required.
Applicants must clearly demonstrate the essential qualifications to be given further consideration. Please state your language capability on your application and ensure that preferred language for assessment is clearly identified.
ASSET QUALIFICATIONS: Preference may be given to candidates who demonstrate they have training or experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Experience with reviewing and creating processes and technical documentation, including ITIL methodologies
- Experience with Active Directory, Exchange, O365 and Mobile Device Management
- Experience with IT automation solutions, Cloud solutions, and collaboration solutions
- Experience with current technology advancements and trends
- Experience supporting IT infrastructure and service delivery preferably with a large enterprise organization
- Experience with one or more of the following, AD domain services, Azure, FIM/MIM, ADFS, Exchange, office 365, Skype for business server, Scorch, OMS, SCCM, Intune MDM, BES, Powershell, Sharepoint or Onedrive
Subject to the response to this competition, candidates may be required to demonstrate on their application one or more of the asset qualifications in addition to the essential qualifications in order to be given further consideration.
OPERATIONAL REQUIREMENTS: This position requires flexibility in working hours, which includes evenings and weekends. The successful candidates will be required to be on call for after-hours support.
Candidates will be required to undergo a Criminal History Clearance prior to appointment and must be willing to obtain a security clearance.
BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES: The successful candidate will possess the following behavioral competencies:
- Analytical Thinking/Judgment
- Client Service Orientation
- Effective Interactive Communication
- Teamwork and Cooperation
TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES: The successful candidate will possess the following technical competencies:
- Planning and Organizing Skills
- Specialized Subject Matter Expertise and Knowledge
- Written Communication
Resumes should be in chronological order specifying education and employment in months and years including part-time and full-time employment.
Salary: $65,650 - $87,360 annually - Pay Band 6 - Management and Non-Union Pay Plan
We encourage applicants to apply on-line, by email at HR-RH@snb.ca or by mail at the following address by April 22, 2019 indicating competition number R85-2018/19-33. This competition may be used to fill future vacancies at the same level within the same work location.
Service New Brunswick
Human Resources Branch
82 Westmorland Street, PO Box 1998
Fredericton, NB E3B 5G4
Telephone: 506 476-7572
We thank all those who apply, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
As per the Civil Service Act, candidates registered with the Equal Employment Opportunity Program and veterans, who demonstrate they are among the most qualified, shall be given preference at the time of appointment.
We promote a scent-reduced environment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The New Brunswick Public Service: Improving the lives of New Brunswickers every day!