Civil Designer - Dams - Energy Group Markham, ON 04/06/2019
WSP in Markham, ON
WSP is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 48,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 8,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We're among the LinkedIn Top 25 Companies two years in a row, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects .
At WSP :
- We value our people and our reputation
- We are locally dedicated with international scale
- We are future focused and challenge the status quo
- We foster collaboration in everything we do
- We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable
We are seeking a Civil Designer to work with our Power Central Canada group in Markham, ON, Canada. This position will be responsible for performing civil design and drafting under the supervision of engineers, including preparation of drawings for site civil works (grading, drainage, cut-fill, access roads, landscaping, excavation, etc.).
- Create 3D models of Civil structures in MicroStation
- Cut 2D plans, elevations, sections and details from 3D model and develop required design drawings
- Develop 2D site civil drawings working with 3D data (survey data, LIDAR surfaces, bathymetry data, etc.)
- Calculate cut-fill quantities as required
- Work under the direction of the civil engineer and as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Coordinate with other designers and drafters (Mechanical, Electrical, Structural, etc.) in the Power Central Canada team
- Have good communication skills in English; ability to communicate in French is an asset
- Experience with Bentley MicroStation and Bentley OpenRoads Designer (or superseded programs - InRoads, GEOPAK, MX, and PowerCivil) is required
- Diploma in Civil Engineering Technology or equivalent is required
- Minimum of 4 years of relevant experience is required, more preference will be given to people who have Dam and MicroStation experience
- Previous experience in preparing site Civil designs in Ontario is an asset.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP Canada Inc.