SURVEY PROJECT MANAGER Thornhill, ON 04/06/2019
WSP in Thornhill, ON
WSP is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 48,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 8,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We're among the LinkedIn Top 25 Companies two years in a row, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects .
At WSP :
- We value our people and our reputation
- We are locally dedicated with international scale
- We are future focused and challenge the status quo
- We foster collaboration in everything we do
- We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable
WSP is Canada's premier Surveying, Engineering, and Professional Services firm. WSP is currently looking to engage a Senior Professional Land Surveyor to join our Geomatics team in a permanent long-term project role. Reporting to the Regional Director and Transportation Program Director , this individual will be a critical team member in the delivery of Land Surveying and Geomatics work in support of marquee infrastructure development in the GTA .
This position will be collocated in the project office.
Why choose WSP?
- A Canadian success story - a company that grew from humble roots in Canada to a global, multinational powerhouse with over 48,000 employees worldwide;
- Impact the world around you - from the environment to the highways, to the buildings and the terrain, WSP is the fabric of Canada;
- Outstanding career opportunities - we're growing and pushing ourselves every single day to be greater than we were yesterday, for our employees, future employees, and our fellow Canadians, we're open to your ideas and trying new things that will challenge the status quo and raise the bar higher;
- A phenomenal collaborative culture and a forward-thinking workforce filled with genuinely good people who are doing humbly meaningful work. Come find out for yourself what it's like to be a part of our journey.
- Are you a passionate Land Surveyor (OLS) interested in working on challenging, dynamic, and diverse projects in a global company?
- Do you want to be part of major and large rail & transit projects in Ontario? Are you looking to expand your experience in large multi-disciplinary teams and collaborate with top tier clients in Ontario?
- Do you want to influence and guide and coordinate with various internal disciplines to ensure the successful completion of state-of-the-art projects?
- Are you passionate about growth opportunities and exposure to leading practices within a growing, global multinational firm?
What you can expect:
- Collaborative environment in which to complete premier land survey and geomatics projects.
- Coaching, leadership and innovation opportunities across Ontario and the global WSP geomatics community.
- Communication and coordination with clients and other design consultants.
- Opportunities for growth and Professional Development while leveraging technical ability and innovation across our Geomatics business in Canada and our geospatial service offering.
- An environment and culture that puts employee safety first.
What you'll bring to WSP:
- Member of the Association of Ontario Land Surveyors (AOLS).
- 15 Years' Experience in the Geomatics field.
- A passion for surveying, geomatics and teamwork.
- Experience in design, high precision construction support and project management of infrastructure projects and facilities.
- Experience with designing and performing geodetic control surveys and high order control networks .
- Experience with rail transportation or subway projects is an asset.
- Experience with network adjustments, transformations, geo-referencing, and integrating surveys that use different projections is an asset.
- Knowledge of or experience with Tunnel Boring Machine (TBM) guidance systems, tunnel survey calculations, and other underground survey equipment and processes an asset.
- Knowledge of or experience with GIS is considered an asset
- Experience within the GTHA is an asset.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP Canada Inc.