Product Specialist - Digital
For over 75 years, Medavie Blue Cross has been a leading health and wellness partner for individuals, employers and governments across Canada. We are proud to be a not-for-profit organization dedicated to giving back to the communities where we live and work, and to ensuring our employees thrive in our award-winning, collaborative culture. We are one of Canada's Most Admired Corporate Cultures and are recognized as a Caring Company, a designation for national leaders in community investment and social responsibility.
Our team of 2,100 professionals work across six provinces. We excel by living our shared values of being caring, accountable, responsible, innovative and community-minded. We're committed to ensuring the health and wellness of our employees and their families, along with personal and professional growth, through a variety of programs and support at all levels of our organization.
Along with Medavie Health Services, we are part of Medavie - a national health organization with over 6,400 employees. Together, our mission is to improve the wellbeing of Canadians.
Job Title: Product Specialist-Digital Department: Product Development Competition: 4808 Internal/External: Internal/External Employment Type: Full Time, Permanent Location: Moncton, Dartmouth or Toronto Salary: Comprehensive Compensation Reports To: Manager
We're looking to add an innovative product specialist to our team. Are you a self-starter with a passion for all things digital? Do you thrive on leveraging technology to improve products? Do you love to learn and help others learn? If so, we want to hear from you!
As Product Specialist, Digital, you will be a key member of the product management team for group and individual benefits. You will help build and support product roadmaps that are aligned with our broader strategic objectives and designed to deliver improved health outcomes for members. By leveraging the digital channel throughout the product/selling lifecycle, you will support the creation of meaningful solutions within an integrated member experience.
In this role, you will work collaboratively with external vendors and sales/marketing/technology partners across the organization. You will gain in depth knowledge and expertise about your products' functionality and capabilities and will play a subject matter expert role with all stakeholders. You are a great communicator who can document information succinctly and convey key messages with influence.
You are an independent thinker and work well in an agile environment where priorities can shift rapidly. You are able to see the big picture of a project, understand how all the pieces come together and understand the impact as pieces evolve. This role requires a high level of comfort with technology and understanding of digital integration. You are able to translate business requirements to IT and convey IT requirements to business.
- Support the development of the omnichannel experience; the integration of different methods of selling and delivering our products and services to our customers (traditional, online, mobile)
- Work closely with admin/sales/service/finance teams to develop end-to-end processes that support product development, implementation and maintenance
- Work closely with UX/IT teams to communicate business requirements and build collaborative solutions
- Serve as key liaison to support sales with questions, presentations, RFPs, renewals
- Maintain internal product documentation, contracts, templates and reporting for assigned products
- Maintain external marketing collateral, presentations, content and other sales enablement tools
- Assist in the curation and management of external partnerships including negotiations, quality assurance, reporting and service issues/gaps
- Develop and support targeted campaigns with measured performance metrics
- Conduct training and education sessions with sales/service/contact centre and other teams as required
- Oversee client specific implementation processes and maintain these programs once activated
- Prepare monthly metrics including revenue, vendor activity and traffic analysis for member Digital Storefront
Education : Post-secondary education in business, marketing, graphic design, electronic commerce or related field.
Work Experience : 1-3 years of relevant working experience.
Other Qualifications :
- Digital acumen - you are always learning about new technology and you know how to leverage innovations such as mobile devices and digital health tools to enhance product offerings
- Product management experience is an asset - ideally within the insurance industry
- Documentation - you enjoy capturing product and process details in a consistent format to share with internal stakeholders
- Process driven - you know how to create scalable, efficient solutions
- Creative - you think differently. You think about "what if…" and can communicate your great ideas
- Confident and efficient communicator and presenter, comfortable communicating technical jargon to business users and vice versa
- Negotiation is part of your language - whether it is negotiating timelines, approach or vendor pricing you are comfortable having conversations with the intent of finding amicable solutions
- Thrive in a fast paced environment
- Enjoy a variety of work and can change gears quickly
Technical Skills : Experience with mobile technology; agile in using the MS Office Suite of products and manipulating data
We would like to thank all candidates for expressing interest. Please note only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Medavie Blue Cross is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Segment: Product Manager, Quality Assurance, Call Center, User Experience, RFP, Operations, Technology, Customer Service, Sales