Project Manager – Hydropower and Dams Fredericton, NB 04/06/2019
WSP in Fredericton, NB
WSP is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 48,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 8,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We're among the LinkedIn Top 25 Companies two years in a row, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects .
At WSP :
- We value our people and our reputation
- We are locally dedicated with international scale
- We are future focused and challenge the status quo
- We foster collaboration in everything we do
- We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable
WSP is currently seeking a Project Manager - Hydropower and Dams to join our Power department. Working out of our office in Fredericton, while collaborating closely with our offices across Canada, the Project Manager - Hydropower and Dams will report directly to the PMO lead, Power, Canada East. We are looking for a highly motivated individual who has an excellent knowledge of the field and is versatile. This position will initially be responsible for participating and leading hydropower projects as a project/phase manager and as an estimating/scheduling expert, however the ultimate goal is to build a small team of renewable power PCM services experts, to potentially be led by the candidate, who could be semi-autonomous in delivering PCM services.
- Under the supervision of the PMO:
- Lead / Contribute to proposal preparations;
- Lead / Contribute to project planning;
- Lead / Contribute to technical project execution (especially estimating, scheduling, constructability, risks);
- Potentially manage and supervise a team of PCM contributors;
- Bachelor's degree in engineering from an accredited university
- Experience as an estimator/planner for a major infrastructure contractor
- Knowledge of estimating tools
- Knowledge of scheduling tools (MSProject & P6)
- Experience in hydropower projects is a must
- Experience in wind, solar, and T&D projects a definitive asset.
- Licence to practice engineering in Canada and/or USA a definitive asset.
- Efficiency, client focus, autonomy, initiative, ability to work independently and prioritize.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Very good English (spoken and written), some knowledge of French and willingness to participate in French courses is a definitive asset.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP Canada Inc.