Mechanical Designer Ottawa, ON 04/06/2019
WSP in Ottawa, ON
WSP is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 48,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 8,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We're among the LinkedIn Top 25 Companies two years in a row, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects .
At WSP :
- We value our people and our reputation
- We are locally dedicated with international scale
- We are future focused and challenge the status quo
- We foster collaboration in everything we do
- We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable
Ottawa or Gatineau
WSP is currently seeking an Engineering Technician to join our Industrial Department, located at our Ottawa office. Reporting to the Project Engineering Technician, this position will be responsible for developing layouts of industrial plants and equipment in a 3D CAD.
- Assist the design team in developing layouts of industrial plants and equipment in a 3D CAD environment for industrial clients;
- Extract and prepare CAD drawings for heat exchanging stations systems including plan and arrangement drawings, schematics, and details;
- Develop with the Main Engineering Technician the design of pipe runs and their supporting systems;
- Maintain equipment lists based on model information;
- Participate in model reviews both with internal design team and client team;
- Work with the design team to provide practical, efficient, and cost-effective solutions for projects.
- Graduate of a Mechanical Engineering Technology or CAD/CAM Technology program from a recognized technical college;
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in the layout and design of mechanical systems in an industrial or hydronics application;
- Proficiency in Revit/Plant 3D software in Industrial or Institutional Environment;
- Attention to detail and a keen desire to learn in a multidiscipline environment;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Self motivated team player with enthusiasm for engineering project work and an ambition to grow professionally.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP Canada Inc.