Landscape Technician Edmonton, AB 04/06/2019
WSP in Edmonton, AB
WSP is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 48,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 8,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We're among the LinkedIn Top 25 Companies two years in a row, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects .
At WSP :
- We value our people and our reputation
- We are locally dedicated with international scale
- We are future focused and challenge the status quo
- We foster collaboration in everything we do
- We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable
WSP is currently seeking a Landscape Technician to join our Planning, Landscape Architecture, and Urban Design team, located at our Edmonton office. Reporting to the Manager this position will be responsible for completion of planning and conceptual design through to construction administration services for a wide variety of landscape architectural projects in the private, public and institutional sectors.
- Preparation of conceptual, detail design and construction-level digital drawings, including cost estimating;
- Provide cost estimating, detail design services, contract document preparation, tender and contract administration services including inspection and construction management for total project involvement;
- Coordination with clients, consultants and contractors on production and design-related issues; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- Diploma in Landscape Architectural Technology or University Degree in Landscape Architecture or combination of related education and experience;
- 5+ years of work experience in a consulting environment. A background in public and/or institutional sectors will also be considered;
- Enthusiastic individual with the ability to work as part of a team, a strong desire to take part in finding creative solutions that are environmentally responsible and technically sound;
- Experience managing multiple projects and deadlines;
- Valid Class 5 driver's license and vehicle are required; mileage will be compensated;
- Significant experience in construction management, production of contract documents, and the contract administration process.Field experience is essential;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, professional attitude and ability to coordinate and communicate with clients, contractors and various professional disciplines;
- Solid knowledge of local landscape conditions, drawings and construction standards is preferable; and
- Experience with AutoCAD, Word and Excel are required.Experience with PowerPoint, Adobe Creative Suite and Google Sketch-Up, as well as hand-drawing skills, will be considered as strong assets.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP Canada Inc.