Director of Finance
Director of Finance
Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Reference # HL-12924
We are working on an exciting opportunity with our client in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia. We are looking for an experienced Director of Finance to join their team. The Director of Finance will be responsible for managing the overall financial operations, providing accurate information to the Board of Directors, including analysis, budgeting, forecasting and preparing financial reports. The Director of Finance will be responsible for leading and managing the company's accounting functions, including establishing and maintaining accounting principles, practices, and procedures as well as internal controls, ensuring compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
Responsibilities will also include:
- Providing timely and accurate reporting to internal and external stakeholders on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis, this includes financial statements, cash flow forecasts, bank compliance requirements, and tax related items
- Leading the annual operating and capital budgeting processes
- Providing leadership, guidance and mentorship to the accounting, payroll and accounts payable functions, developing an engaged and motivated team
- Championing the use of systems and technology to improve efficiency, timeliness and accuracy of routine accounting to allow for more value added activities
- Provide sound business advice to operations, becoming a trusted and valued business advisor
- Ensuring roles and responsibilities are well defined with clear accountabilities and defined goals and objectives and providing timely and constructive feedback to ensure continual development of resources
- Creating development plans to ensure the teams' technical knowledge remains current
- Working with functional business leads, focusing on continuous improvement in cost efficiency of back office functions and corporate overheads
- Leading the annual audit and tax return preparation processes with the external audit team, ensuring all filing/reporting deadlines with internal and external stakeholders are met
- Ensuring all major processes are documented, monitored and updated regularly to ensure continuous improvement in accuracy and efficiency of delivery of financial results
- Evaluating and monitoring internal controls and development/implementation of enhancements to ensure an appropriate system of internal control is maintained throughout the organization.
- Working with the business unit leaders, providing regular forecasts of operating results and capital spend
- Tracking and reporting on key performance indicators and producing an assortment of financial reports on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis.
- Managing corporate cash flows, including weekly, monthly and long-range cash projections for review by senior management and submission to internal stakeholders and lenders as required
- Monitoring credit agreements with lenders, including preparation of periodic and projected compliance with covenants
The ideal candidate will have:
- Current CPA designation with a minimum of 10 years' experience in a progressive management role
- Post-secondary degree in accounting or finance
- Highly motivated leader, with proven success in a deadline driven environment
- Significant experience in the preparation of financial statements and notes in a multi legal entity/ consolidated reporting environment
- Solid track record in the redesign of processes to achieve greater efficiency/effectiveness while maintaining appropriate internal controls
- Experience in the preparation of annual budgets and monthly/quarterly forecasts
- Successful at leveraging resources across functions and at all levels in an organization to achieve an organization's goals and objectives
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Detail oriented with exceptional organizational skills
To express interest in this opportunity please apply online by clicking:
For more information contact Heather Labucki, Partner, or Sara Morey, Senior Recruitment Specialist at email@example.com or 902.424.1117.