WSP in Ottawa, ON
WSP is one of the world's leading professional engineering services firms. Every day our more than 48,000 experts work to restore the natural environment and transform the built environment.
In Canada, our 8,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We're a Forbes Top Employer in Canada, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects.
At WSP , we're proud, professional and passionate people, join our team.
WSP is currently seeking a GIS/CAD technician to join our environmental team , located at our Ottawa office.
- Use standard survey practices to efficiently draft accurate thematic maps and survey plans from information gathered in the field and office
- Draft plans/maps using the standards set out by WSP using current lisp routines and blocks
- Maintain familiarity with current techniques and developments
- Actively work at improving drafting skills and increase current knowledge of surveying
- Ensure that the quality and accuracy of all plans/maps for which you have responsibility meet WSP standards before they are sent in for checking
- Other duties as assigned.
- GIS certificate or other relevant technical training
- At least 2 to 5 years' experience using ArcGIS and/or AutoCAD and related software in the preparation of thematic maps and plans for the environmental consulting sector
- Excellent computer skills with a good understanding of ArcGIS and/or AutoCAD
- An understanding of the basic principles of surveying and survey plan requirements
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with strict deadlines
- Ability to work well as part of a team or on an individual basis
- The capacity to learn new software and be open to new ideas
- Ability to identify and set priorities; effective time management
- Strong attention to detail .
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP Canada Inc.