Licensed Practical Nurse (3014) 4 positions
NOTE: Applicants must attach a resume to their application
BARGAINING UNIT : CUPE
ZONE : Zone 5 - Restigouche
FACILITY : Restigouche Hospital Centre
DEPARTMENT : Infirmary (4 positions)
CLASSIFICATION : Licensed Practical Nurse (3014)
STATUS : Permanent full-time
FTE : 1.0
ANTICIPATED START DATE : As soon as possible
HOURS OF WORK :
Rotation - Possibility of 8 or 12 hour shifts
Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
JOB SUMMARY :
To give nursing care to clients under the direction of a Registered Nurse. To perform interventions and assessments according to full scope of practice.
- Registered with the New Brunswick Association of Licensed Practical Nurses;
- Current BLS Certification;
- Successfully complete the OMEGA course or commitment to undertake such a course;
- Successfully complete the Prevention and Management of Suicidal Behaviour in a Psychiatric Hospital Setting course or a commitment to undertake such a course;
- Good judgment and organisational skills;
- Ability to work independently and as a team member;
- Physical ability to perform assigned duties;
- Good previous work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethics principles, to the Network management philosophy and organizational values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality established by the Vitalité Health Network.
Written and spoken competence in one of the two official languages either English or French and spoken competence in the other official language is required.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Vitalité Health Network is a smoke-free environment