Miramichi Respiratory Therapist 2 (RT02) PCN 9757415
Horizon Health Network in Miramichi, NB
Horizon Health Network is an equal opportunity employer.
COMPETITION #: 2019-37700 External
BARGAINING UNIT: Medical Science Professionals
DEPARTMENT: Respiratory Therapy
FACILITY: Miramichi Regional Hospital
POSTING TYPE: Casual
JOB TITLE: Respiratory Therapist
CLASSIFICATION: Respiratory Therapist 2 (RT02)
LANGUAGE: English Essential with requirements to handle verbal French inquiries
HOURS OF WORK: Casual- Days, Evenings, Nights, Rotating Subject to change due to operational requirements
SALARY: $26.03 to $32.52 per hour Subject to employment status
The Respiratory Therapist 2 is responsible for providing respiratory services through the diagnosis, treatment and monitoring of lung disorders.
- Completion of an accredited training course for Respiratory Therapists. Licensed, or be eligible to be licensed, with the New Brunswick Association of Respiratory Therapists. Must have mandatory certifications in ACLS and NRP.
- Ability to attend work on a regular basis.
- Ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Good work record
- Written and spoken competence in English and spoken competence in French are required (Intermediate Plus)
The Respiratory Therapist 2 is responsible for:
- Testing and measuring pulmonary function
- Assessing, monitoring and administering respiratory therapies
- Assisting and supporting airway management and resuscitation
- Maintaining clinical records and documentation
- Participating in interdisciplinary care planning
- Preparing and presenting information and education
- Inspecting, maintaining, preparing and troubleshooting equipment
- Providing mentoring and support for students and other health care professionals
Employees are responsible to be aware of and understand Horizon's Terms of Employment: http://skyline/EmploymentBenefits/Pages/Terms-of-your-Employment-.aspx
Competencies identified by Horizon Health Network:
- Attention to Detail
- Analytical Thinking
- Interpersonal Relations
- Patient/Client Focus
- Planning and Prioritizing Work
- Results Orientation
- Teamwork and Collaboration
Applications for this position must be submitted on-line by March 27, 2019
NOTE: There will be no further postings for this position should there be no fully qualified applicants. If you wish to be considered for this position and have most of the qualifications as posted and the registration or licensure where required, you are encouraged to apply at this time
Please quote Competition # 2019- 37700 External . Horizon Health Network appreciates expressed interest, however, only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. Human Resources Department, Horizon Health Network