FINANCE AND ADMINISTRATION
Job # P829
"The City of Moncton is the economic and commercial centre of Atlantic Canada, with a number of key qualities that make it one of the best places in the region to live and work. Moncton is consistently recognized as a sports tourism hub for Atlantic Canada as well as one of the best places in Canada to do business. It is Moncton's overall drive to succeed, commitment to excellence, desire to move forward, and total quality of life that makes this city what it is."
The City of Moncton is currently accepting applications for the position of Financial Analyst with Finance and Administration Department.
The Finance Section of the Department acts as a resource for the City and its various departments, Boards and Commissions in the preparation of financial reports, budgets and system changes or enhancements. Accurate and reliable financial reporting is achieved through a cooperative effort and good communication with other departments and within the Finance and Administration Department itself.
This position reports to the Deputy Treasurer/Controller.
The successful candidate must have the following minimum qualifications:
- High School graduate or equivalency
- Must possess a Bachelor of Commerce, Business Administration or degree in another related discipline from a recognized post-secondary institution.
- Professional accounting designation (C.A., C.M.A., or C.G.A.) is a requirement.
- Must have a minimum of three (3) years related experience in a similar role and responsibilities.
- Experience and knowledge in asset management planning development, processes and systems is an asset.
- English essential. The ability to communicate in the French language would be an asset, but not a requirement.
- Strong background in accounting and finance with experience in a budgetary and/or costing environment.
- Strong background with computerized financial systems with experience in financial report generation and systems development and implementation
MISSION: Working together to grow our economy and enhance the quality of life for all citizens.
VISION: A city that inspires.
CORE ORGANIZATIONAL BEHAVIOURS: Accountability, professionalism, respect, and excellence.
The City of Moncton is an equal opportunity employer.
The City offers an attractive benefits and salary package in keeping with the City Hall Employees Association/PSAC Local 60200 Collective Agreement.
The Applicant must submit their application through the online system that can be found at: moncton.ca/employment or obtain an application in Human Resources at City Hall.
To obtain more information, please contact Human Resources at (506) 877-7707.
CLOSING DATE: NOON - MARCH 27, 2019
(The City of Moncton thanks all applicants for their interest; however,
only those scheduled for interviews will be contacted)