Collections and Account Analyst
Finance and Administration - Revenue
Job # P828
Moncton is a vibrant and culturally rich community. It is the only officially bilingual city in Canada, as well as one of the best places in Canada to do business. Moncton is also known as the economic, sports, tourism and entertainment hub of Atlantic Canada. City of Moncton employees strive to maintain its reputation as one of the best places in Canada to live, study, work and play.
The City of Moncton is currently accepting applications for the position of Collections and Account Analyst.
This position is primarily focused on collections of all City Receivables and requires the incumbent to be up to date and knowledgeable on municipal services and best practices in collections management in order to provide quality customer service.
This position reports directly to the Manager, Billing and Collections.
Qualifications for the successful candidate:
- Must have a high school diploma or GED equivalency.
- Must have a minimum 2-year post-secondary education from an accredited institution in accounting.
- Must have or be willing to complete an accredited collector certificate program by the Credit Institute of Canada or an equivalent organization.
- Successful completion of CCP designation (Canadian Credit Professional) is considered an asset.
- Must have a minimum of three (3) years' experience in customer collection in a complex environment performing similar or related duties.
- Experience in handling cash in a controlled environment is considered an asset.
- Must have experience in customer service.
- Must have strong negotiation skills.
- Must be able to be fully functional in both official languages (English and French). As per provincial language proficiency standards, fluency is determined to be at the Advanced (3) level.
- Knowledge of collections process/protocols and best practices.
- Working knowledge of GP Dynamics Customer Service Management or other equivalent collections software will be considered an asset.
- Strong Computer knowledge of collection software tools, Microsoft Office, including advanced user skills in Excel, Outlook, and Word.
- Must have strong organizational skills, strong attention to detail, and be goal-oriented.
- Work must be performed with tact, diplomacy, and persuasion in exchanging information and data, discussing problems, and submitting frequent internal/external contacts.
- Must have a high level of judgment in the application of policies and procedures.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication abilities.
- Must have the ability to prioritize and manage multiple responsibilities.
- Work requires frequent internal contact with employees, and managers of City of Moncton departments. Candidate must work closely with Revenue and Billing staff on customer accounts to resolve issues.
- Must be courteous, tactful, and diplomatic, ensuring the best interest of the corporation and the community at large. Establishes effective client relationships and actively supports the organization.
- Work requires dealing with disgruntled and dissatisfied customers on a daily basis. Candidate must be able to maintain composure without putting him/herself or the Corporation at risk of loss.
- The person in this position plays an important role in the success of the Finance Department. A team approach with all finance staff must be maintained at all times.
MISSION: Working together to grow our economy and enhance the quality of life for all citizens.
VISION: A city that inspires.
CORE ORGANIZATIONAL BEHAVIOURS: Accountability, professionalism, respect, and excellence.
The City of Moncton is an equal opportunity employer. The City offers an attractive benefits and salary package in keeping with the City Hall Employees Association/PSAC Local 60200 Collective Agreement.
The Applicant must submit their application through the online system at: www.moncton.ca/employment or obtain an application in Human Resources at City Hall. For more information, please contact Human Resources at (506) 877.7707.
CLOSING DATE: NOON - MARCH 27, 2019
(The City of Moncton thanks all applicants for their interest; however,
only those scheduled for interviews will be contacted)