Senior Project Engineer, Municipal Engineering
WSP in Edmonton, AB
WSP is one of the world's leading professional engineering services firms. Every day our more than 48,000 experts work to restore the natural environment and transform the built environment.
In Canada, our 8,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We're a Forbes Top Employer in Canada, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects.
At WSP , we're proud, professional and passionate people, join our team.
WSP is currently seeking a motivated Senior Project Engineer to join our Municipal Engineering team, located at our Edmonton office. Reporting to the Manager this position will be responsible for working on municipal projects with a focus on public clients involving water and wastewater systems, storm water management, and municipal roads. As part of the design team you will deal directly with clients and approval agencies and work towards a project manager role.
- Preliminary and detailed design of civil works for water supply systems, sanitary sewers, and stormwater systems including linear works, valves chambers, and pump stations;
- Hydraulic modelling and planning studies for water, sanitary, and stormwater;
- Construction services including site inspection and Contract Administration;
- Client management;
- Proposal development;
- Project Management;
- Mentoring Junior staff; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- An undergraduate degree in civil engineering from an accredited university;
- Professional Engineer designation with minimum 10+ years of planning and design of municipal infrastructure with emphasis on major water, wastewater and drainage projects;
- Professional Engineer or eligibility for registration in APEGA is required;
- Strong knowledge of Alberta municipal clients is desired;
- Previous success in customer services, client management and proposal/report writing;
- Ability to mentor junior staff; and
- Strong communication (written and verbal), interpersonal and teamwork skills.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP Canada Inc.