Technologist, Mechanical Design, Water & Wastewater
WSP in North Vancouver, BC
WSP is one of the world's leading professional engineering services firms. Every day our more than 48,000 experts work to restore the natural environment and transform the built environment.
In Canada, our 8,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We're a Forbes Top Employer in Canada, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects.
At WSP , we're proud, professional and passionate people, join our team.
WSP is currently seeking a Mechanical Design Technologist for municipal projects based out of our North Vancouver office. Reporting to the Mechanical Team Manager, this position will be responsible for CAD and field inspection on land development and municipal projects.
- Provide detailed designs, calculations, and technical support for the layout and specification of process mechanical systems, HVAC and plumbing systems for water and wastewater pump station and treatment plant projects and building projects;
- Design using AutoCAD and Revit software for projects from concept to completion. Design experience of process mechanical, HVAC and plumbing systems using Revit software is preferred;
- Engineering record drawing preparation for municipal infrastructure projects;
- Miscellaneous assistance to project managers with day to day project operations; and
- Preparation of specifications and reports.
- Mechanical Engineering Technology graduate;
- 0-5 years of experience, new graduates will be considered;
- Demonstrated understanding of BC Building Code for Plumbing and HVAC.
- Demonstrated understanding of Plumbing and HVAC system layouts and HVAC control.
- General understanding of building systems including structural, mechanical, electrical and civil.
- Ability to interpret construction drawings and specs;
- Excellent working knowledge of AutoCAD and Revit. Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook also valuable;
- Registered or eligible for registration with ASTTBC as a AScT;
- Strong interpersonal skills, written and verbal, and ability to work in a team environment including collaboration with engineering staff and other disciplines including architectural, structural, electrical and civil; and
- Valid driver's license.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP Canada Inc.
North Vancouver, BC