Integrated Data Environment (IDE) Project Director
Irving Shipbuilding in Halifax, NS
INTEGRATED DATA ENVIRONMENT (IDE) PROJECT DIRECTOR
Irving Shipbuilding, located at 3099 Barrington Street Halifax NS B3K 5M7, is part of the J.D. Irving Group of companies and is in the business of building quality ships and repairing vessels. The company's primary site is Halifax Shipyard, with three other locations in the Maritime Provinces. Irving Shipbuilding is currently working on a number of significant projects for the Department of National Defense and the Canadian Coast Guard. The company's commitment to health, safety and care for its employees and the environment is an integral part of its business.
The Integrated Data Environment Project Director will be responsible and ultimately accountable for the delivery of the Integrated Data Environment for CSC. The position will report to the Senior Vice President of Engineering, CSC.
- Lead, direct and manage a team of Engineers, Project Managers, Software Developers, Business Analysts in a "new build" ship construction environment.
- Work alongside the CSC leadership team to align the various functional teams that come together to deliver the Integrated Data Environment for the CSC Project.
- Support development and implementation of program strategy and plans
- Demonstrated leadership in complex projects with cumulative total of $100M with an organizational impact
Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Computer Science or Engineering
- Master's Degree, is considered a strong asset.
- Prince2, PMP, or Agile certification (desirable)
- 10 years of experience in a shipbuilding or Defence environment required.
- 10 years of leadership experience
- Experience collaborating with executive stakeholders
- Experience in leading transformational change
- Agile Core concepts (stories, showcasing, test driven development, etc.)
- Shipbuilding concepts (e.g. Material Requirements Planning, Product Lifecycle Management)
- Managing regulatory and compliance requirements (e.g. ITAR, Controlled Goods)
- Expert in knowledge of program and project methods
- Able to apply knowledge of formal and informal policies and connect-the-does enterprise-wide to effectively navigate boundaries
- Knowledge and understanding of business Processes and requirement methods in relation to project execution
- Proven ability to lead change in a complex and fast-paced environment
- Proven track record in achieving high performance levels
- Proven track record of meeting challenging schedules
- Experience in a relevant Information, Communication and Technology (ICT) environment where you had a focus on customer support
- Excellent communication skills - listening, written and oral
- Demonstrate professional behavior
- An ability to demonstrate systems analysis skills, critical thinking and problem solving
- Ability to plan and prioritize work
- Ensure compliance with all Company Environmental, Health and Safety policies and identify and suggest changes to promote safety awareness.
- Support a culture of teamwork, enthusiasm and proactive behavior within the IDE Management Team.
- Be a role model for professional behavior.
Support a culture of teamwork, enthusiasm and a proactive nature within the CSC Program.
All successful applicants must meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), Canadian Government Security clearance, and U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
What We Offer:
- Irving Shipbuilding is proud to offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including but not limited to medical, dental, and vision
For further details, please contact: Krista Shah at:
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Please complete the online application form. An up-to-date resume of past experience and education is required.
All applications will be reviewed by one of our recruiters. If the recruiter sees a potential opportunity (current or future) that matches your skills and experience, you will be contacted to discuss your qualifications for a position with Irving Shipbuilding
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Irving Shipbuilding Inc. is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies, and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.