Competition # NB19009
Full Time Permanent Position
Medavie Health Services New Brunswick is the subsidiary of Medavie Health Services responsible for the optimal operation and management of EM/ANB, an integrated, service-led primary health care organization. People are the biggest drivers of our success, and we are excited to continue building a healthier New Brunswick together. As the management company for Ambulance New Brunswick and the Extra-Mural Program, we're looking for an Executive Assistant to help support our growing operation which provides exemplary, highly coordinated primary health care in the right place, from the right provider, at the right time.
Medavie Health Services is part of Medavie, a health services organization. Together with Medavie Blue Cross, we are committed to providing innovative solutions that will improve the health of all Canadians.
As a not-for-profit organization, Medavie is proud to commit an annual social dividend to the Medavie Health Foundation to support programs and initiatives aimed at addressing some of our country's most pressing physical and mental health care challenges.
The Executive Assistant will provide professional and confidential executive support to the Vice Presidents and Senior Management team of MHSNB.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Maintain senior management office services by organizing office operations and procedures; controlling and informing on correspondence; reviewing supply requisitions;
- Prepare and edit various types of correspondence including those of a confidential nature, professional presentations, reports and other documents;
- Coordinate appointments, arrange meetings, agendas and presentations as required, for the Vice Presidents;
- Coordinate catering and equipment for events;
- Organize and coordinate business travel arrangements for Vice Presidents;
- Prepare Visa reconciliations;
- Provide historical reference by developing and utilizing filing and retrieval systems;
- Participate in committees as requested to provide administrative support;
- Record, transcribe and distribute minutes and provide necessary follow-up;
- Replace other administrative support, when required;
- Performs various other tasks as delegated from VPs.
As the ideal candidate, you:
- possess a post-secondary education in office administration or equivalent combination of experience and education;
- have a minimum of five years of experience providing administrative support at a senior management level;
- have strong computer skills using a variety of office software products specially Microsoft Office;
- are well organized with the ability to prioritize workload;
- are a self-motivated team player and able to work independently with a high degree of confidentiality;
- possess excellent typing and proof-reading skills with high attention to detail;
- have excellent communication skills both oral and written;
- possess good decision-making skills and discretion; and
- are comfortable working to a schedule with demanding turn-around times.
Bilingualism is a requirement for this position.
If you are interested in working with a dynamic team of professionals and possess the necessary qualifications, please send your resume with cover letter to email@example.com. Please include the competition number in the file name along with your first and last name.
Competition closes March 24, 2019.
We would like to thank all candidates for expressing interest. Please note only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Medavie Health Services New Brunswick is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.