Communications Lead, Office of the Green Caucus
The Office of the Green party caucus supports the work of the Party Leader and MLAs in the Legislative Assembly.
Who you are:
You love staying on top of NB's political news. You are passionate about clear, effective, and creative messaging. You are a strategic thinker who can effectively tie long term vision into daily and weekly content across various social media and conventional platforms. You are highly motivated and able to produce quality content under tight timelines with minimal supervision. You are an excellent problem solver and researcher. You are looking for a great opportunity to exercise your creativity and leadership skills.
What you are responsible for:
- Building relationships with key media contacts
- Monitor and analyse news to provide daily briefings
- Prepare press releases, media advisories, etc.
- Manage media requests for the Green MLAs
- Manage the website, social media, newsletters, etc.
- Draft, edit, translate, and publish written, graphic and video content
- Provide strategic communications advice to the party leader and MLAs
- Prepare speaking notes for the MLAs
- Manage communication interns
- Other tasks as assigned
- Full-time position, hours of work reflect the calendar of the legislative assembly
- Three weeks of paid vacation annually
- Salary to be discussed at the interview
- Based in Fredericton
Your application will clearly demonstrate:
- Your (relevant) formal education
- All relevant experiences that have prepared you to succeed in this role
- Your excellent writing and editing skills in both French & English
- How you have used any of the following effectively: Wordpress, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram
- That you can produce quality work under pressure and meet deadlines
- How you work independently and learn rapidly
How to apply:
To apply please send your resume and cover letter, as one PDF, with the Subject Line "Communications Lead" to Amanda Wildeman, Chief of Staff (Amanda.firstname.lastname@example.org). Apply early, interviews to be conducted on a rolling basis.