Senior geotechnical engineer
WSP in Ottawa, ON
WSP is one of the world's leading professional engineering services firms. Every day our more than 48,000 experts work to restore the natural environment and transform the built environment.
In Canada, our 8,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We're a Forbes Top Employer in Canada, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects.
At WSP , we're proud, professional and passionate people, join our team.
WSP is currently seeking a Senior Geotechnical Engineer to join our environmental team, located at our Ottawa office.
- Working on all assignments on projects of low to high complexity;
- Reviewing reports, proposals and technical specifications;
- Using professional judgement independently;
- Completing analysis of information and report preparation;
- Preparation of specifications, proposals and other documentation;
- Complete invoicing for projects completed;
- Client contact and business development;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor degree in Civil Engineering, post-graduate degree in Civil Engineering;
- Registered as a Professional Engineer of Ontario (PEO);
- Minimum of 12 years of experience with a strong background in geotechnical engineering and field investigations;
- Must be mobile and willing to work on a combination of field and office work;
- Occasional travel will be required;
- Proficiency with common geotechnical and other software is required;
- Excellent organizational ability, report writing and verbal communication in English are essential;
- Ability to think and act independently, while accepting direction;
- Enthusiastic, resourceful, organized, and detail oriented;
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills and have the ability to communicate effectively and to proactively; respond to time-sensitive issues;
- Excellent computer and technical writing skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced and multi-tasked environment are essential.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP Canada Inc.