Professional Engineer or Geoscientist
WSP in Hamilton, ON
WSP is one of the world's leading professional engineering services firms. Every day our more than 48,000 experts work to restore the natural environment and transform the built environment.
In Canada, our 8,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We're a Forbes Top Employer in Canada, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects.
At WSP , we're proud, professional and passionate people, join our team.
HAMILTON OR GTA
Overview of the opportunity:
WSP is seeking a qualified Professional Engineer or Professional Geoscientist to join the Environment team in the Greater Hamilton or Toronto Area. The position will help deliver existing projects and develop new business opportunities. The WSP Environment team consists of a dynamic team of environmental engineers, geoscientists, engineers/geoscientists in training, and environmental technologists with strong technical skills and existing client relationships.
Why choose WSP?
- A Canadian success story - a company that grew from humble roots in Quebec to a global, multinational powerhouse with over 45,000 employees worldwide;
- Impact the world around you - from the environment to the highways, to the buildings and the terrain, WSP is the fabric of Canada;
- Outstanding career opportunities - we're growing and pushing ourselves every day to be greater than we were yesterday, for our employees, future employees, and our fellow Canadians, we're open to your ideas and trying new things that will challenge the status quo and raise the bar higher;
- A phenomenal collaborative culture and a forward-thinking workforce filled with genuinely good people who are doing humbly important work. Come find out for yourself what it's like to be a part of our journey.
What you can expect to do here:
- You will manage and support projects related to landfill compliance monitoring and hydrogeology. Ideally, you'll have some experience in:
- Hydrogeological and hydrological monitoring and assessments;
- Landfill gas monitoring and assessments;
- Preparation of annual monitoring reports; and
- Project management.
- You will prepare high quality technical reports and accurately analyze and interpret analytical data.
- You'll prepare technical and financial proposals for both internal and external clients.
- You will provide excellent client management to existing and potential clients.
- You will collaborate with other disciplines within WSP with respect to multi-faceted / multi-disciplinary projects.
- You will successfully develop new business through marketing initiatives, response to RFPs, and client management.
- You may complete other duties as assigned.
- You'll have completed a post-secondary degree in environmental, geological, civil, or water resources engineering, or related discipline.
- You will have previous experience in a related discipline.
- You will ideally have previous experience successfully managing landfill compliance monitoring programs.
- You are a licensed P.Eng / P.Geo or working toward a P.Eng / P.Geo.
- You are self-motivated, energetic and well organized.
- You are comfortable interacting with clients, contractors, other internal project managers, and the public.
- You have a demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- You're able to work in a fast-paced environment and flexible to work on a wide variety of projects, tasks and assignments, responding easily to changing priorities.
- Previous experience in consulting would be an asset.
- You have excellent English (verbal / written) communication skills.
- You have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to respond in a timely manner to time-sensitive issues.
- You have working knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- You are willing to travel within Ontario as required.
- You have a vehicle with appropriate insurance coverage and hold a valid "G-Level" Ontario Driver's License.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP Canada Inc.
Hamilton , ON