WSP in Toronto, ON
WSP is one of the world's leading professional engineering services firms. Every day our more than 48,000 experts work to restore the natural environment and transform the built environment.
In Canada, our 8,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We're a Forbes Top Employer in Canada, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects.
At WSP , we're proud, professional and passionate people, join our team.
Do you have 5+ years of experience in a pertinent administrative/executive assistant position? Are you detail-oriented, able to take initiative as needed, and highly organized? Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines? We have a great opportunity for you!
WSP is currently seeking a Senior Administrative Assistant to join our Planning and Advisory team, based out of our Toronto (Yonge/Eglinton) office. The successful incumbent will be responsible for providing a high level of support to Management and others within the team. You will be reporting directly to senior level executives, so we require someone with tact, professionalism and confidence.
- Provide proactive administrative support to senior executives and staff of the Department;
- Coordinate the executives' calendars, meetings, conference calls and other various projects with an ability to keep accurate minutes and ensure completion of action items;
- Coordinate the creation and enhancement of presentations, reports, proposals, spreadsheets and various support materials;
- Arrange travel including preparation of itineraries;
- Preparation of confidential company, employee and project sensitive information as well as word processing of more routine letters, memorandums, and reports;
- Tracking incoming and outgoing correspondence/reference documents for various projects;
- Management of computer-based filing, maintaining filing system in both electronic and hard copy;
- Maintain vacation schedule, client lists, and business development spreadsheets;
- Create and maintain project related forms and pursuit costs;
- Type, format, and prepare documents including letters, proposals, reports, contracts and technical specifications;
- Review and incorporate revisions to documents as necessary;
- Assist with the tracking and reporting of proposals and projects;
- Provide administrative support to project team members on miscellaneous items such as scheduling, minute taking, coordinating travel arrangements, billing, and responding to client enquiries;
- Accountable for maintaining corporate standards, policies and procedures;
- Maintain the integrity of knowledge files, master documents, and database records;
- Ensure policies and procedures are followed and maintained;
- Faxing, photocopying, preparing courier packages, message taking, report preparation, e-mail, preparation of expense accounts;
- Other administrative duties as required.
- Completion of a post-secondary diploma or degree in administration or a related discipline;
- Minimum five years' experience as an Administrative or Executive Assistant in a medium sized company (50 employees or more);
- Exceptional computer skills, including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook;
- Self-starter with strong organizational skills and the ability to take initiative and work with minimal supervision;
- Ability to support a large department in multiple locations;
- Ability to work in a demanding fast paced environment with aggressive timelines;
- Team player with a flexible attitude and the ability to prioritize workload and handle multiple tasks/deadlines
- Integrity, professionalism and excellent communication and interpersonal skills that are required to handle both internal and external communications with tact and diplomacy;
- Available for occasional overtime work;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- French skills (verbal and written) is an asset.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP Canada Inc.