WSP in Toronto, ON
WSP is one of the world's leading professional engineering services firms. Every day our more than 48,000 experts work to restore the natural environment and transform the built environment.
In Canada, our 8,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We're a Forbes Top Employer in Canada, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects.
At WSP , we're proud, professional and passionate people, join our team.
WSP is currently looking for a Construction Clerk to join our team at our Project Office in Toronto. The objective of this role is to provide administrative support to our project team.
- Provide clerical and administrative support for the assigned construction site office;
- Prepare a verity of confidential and general correspondence, letters, internal memoranda and reports for the Construction Site Manager and other field staff including agendas, minutes of meeting, site memoranda, contract deficiency lists, monthly progress reports, progress photograph identifications, contract deficiency reports, transmittals, substantial performance certificates, employee performance appraisals, contract performance reviews, facsimiles, etc. This may involve compiling and/or verifying information, typing drafts and proof-reading for accuracy, format, grammar, punctuation, etc., in accordance with the departmental procedures, composing replies to routine correspondence for the Construction Site Manager's signature;
- Track correspondence, shop drawings and material submissions received from or returned to contractors or others;
- Duties include but are not limited to word processing, creating and updating spreadsheets and database files, creating contract files and filing of contract documentation in accordance with established procedure;
- Other duties as assigned/required.
- Post secondary education in Administration or relevant training;
- Sound knowledge of business administrative concepts and practices;
- Sound knowledge of modern office methods, procedures, practices and equipment, as well as research methods and techniques;
- Excellent record-keeping and document management skills;
- Proficiency in the use of a personal computer and software applications and computer capacity relevant to the work (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, etc.);
- Must be detail oriented and possess sound judgement; well-developed administrative, organizational, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills;
- Ability to handle several responsibilities at once under minimal supervision, take on special projects as assigned, and coordinate the activities of others to accomplish objectives and meet deadlines;
- Experience in a project management environment involving large construction projects is an asset;
- Strengths: self motivated, strong writing skills, team player, takes initiative.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP Canada Inc.