Engineer, Structural North Vancouver, BC 31/05/2019
WSP in North Vancouver, BC
WSP is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 48,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 8,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We're among the LinkedIn Top 25 Companies two years in a row, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects .
At WSP :
- We value our people and our reputation
- We are locally dedicated with international scale
- We are future focused and challenge the status quo
- We foster collaboration in everything we do
- We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable
WSP is currently seeking a structural Professional Engineer registered in British Columbia for our Infrastructure group. This position can be based in either of our North Vancouver or Vancouver offices, reporting to the Director, Electrical SCADA & Facilities, Infrastructure. This position will be responsible to work on municipal projects with a focus water-retaining structures for public clients involving reservoirs, pump stations, valve chambers, water and wastewater treatment plants. It includes all structural elements associated with water-related engineering, and will include reinforced concrete and steel structural systems.
- Preliminary and detailed structural design of water retaining structures and other civil structures;
- Supervise drawing production;
- Quantities and construction cost estimates relating to structures;
- Checking of designs and drawings;
- Specifications and contract document preparation;
- Review of shop drawings;
- Contract administration and field reviews as required;
- Preparation of reports and proposals; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- Professional Engineer with 5-10 years demonstrated experience in the area of structural design in water retaining structures in Canada. This includes seismic designs applicable to the North American west coast;
- Fully conversant with water-retaining structural codes;
- Experience with inspection, assessment and rehabilitation of existing structures;
- Experience with all construction-related aspects of engineering (field reviews, contract administration);
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multidisciplinary team;
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills; and
- Ability to work on several projects at a time with multiple design teams.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP Canada Inc.
North Vancouver, BC