Senior Contract Administrator, Highways Red Deer, AB 04/06/2019
WSP in Red Deer, AB
WSP is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 48,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 8,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We're among the LinkedIn Top 25 Companies two years in a row, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects .
At WSP :
- We value our people and our reputation
- We are locally dedicated with international scale
- We are future focused and challenge the status quo
- We foster collaboration in everything we do
- We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable
WSP is currently seeking a Contract Administrator to join our Regional Transportation Group , located at our Red Deer, Alberta office. Reporting to the Manager, this position will be responsible for the Contract Administration and some Project Management related to the field review for construction of various sites. You will work together with clients, municipalities and contractors on the pre-construction (tendering), construction (contractual reporting and payments requirements) and post-construction phases of Highway, Bridge, and some Municipal projects.
Office administration and contract support on all highway construction, bridge, and many municipal infrastructure engineering projects in Alberta, along with some in Saskatchewan, from tendering up to completion which includes:
- Prepare Excel tender summary templates for each contract tendered
- Assist in the preparation of job packages for each contract tendered (includes all forms, reporting requirements, etc.), involves considerable liaison with Project Managers.
- Collection of all pre-construction documentation
- Administration of weekly construction reports (collection, review, and distribution to various Clients)
- Collect, review, and distribute Project Expenditure Reports and Monthly Progress Estimates for contractor payment
- Responsible for tracking 45-day holdback periods and preparing documentation to release the 10% holdback at proper time
- Ensure that Conditional and Construction Completion Certificates are completed and issued
- Safety procedure reporting compliance
- Update "Project Managers Reporting Procedures" handbook on a regular basis
- Set up contracts in WSPPro (company developed software) for Project Managers
- Provide ongoing assistance to WSPPro users
- Responsible for ensuring that warranty inspections are conducted and all deficiencies are corrected.
- Review, check, finalize and distribute final detail packages at contract/job completion
- Assist Contracts Group Team in any additional duties
- 10+ years of experience in a combination of Contract Administration and Site Inspection
- Qualification in Civil Engineering Technology or a related discipline would be an asset
- Experience on large construction projects, with specific experience in highway construction;
- Experience supervising other staff members and an aspiration toward management;
- Familiarity with road construction materials, methods and processes.
- Computer skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, PDF markup and windows applications. Proficiency in Microsoft Access would be an asset.
- Excellent communication and diplomatic acumen
- High coordination and collaboration abilities
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP Canada Inc.
Red Deer, AB