Technology Design Engineer
WSP in Calgary, AB
WSP is one of the world's leading professional engineering services firms. Every day our more than 48,000 experts work to restore the natural environment and transform the built environment.
In Canada, our 8,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We're a Forbes Top Employer in Canada, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects.
At WSP , we're proud, professional and passionate people, join our team.
WSP is currently seeking a Technology Design Engineer to join our Technology Team, located at our Calgary office. Reporting to the Director, Western Canada Technology. The successful individual will be responsible for design, tender and construction services on various projects. This position will have more than enough scope and freedom to satisfy the most ambitious, career-minded and technically savvy person.
- Develop Security systems, Structured Cabling and ICAT Systems expertise and offerings
- Perform and document site surveys with drawings and reports
- Develop schematic, to detailed design for integrated building technology systems
- Developed construction document packages (Drawings and CSI Specifications)
- Responsibility to the financial performance of projects under assignment
- Overall project lifecycle planning and project resource management
- Attend client and OAC facing meeting both locally and national as required
- Produce field observation reports, systems commissioning, and acceptance testing reports
- Communicate and coordinate technical design solutions with clients, design teams and vendors
- Coordination and integration of AV, Security, and telecommunications systems with other intelligent building systems
- Marketing and selling of the Company's Technology services and develop opportunities for cross-selling all market segments.
- ?Other duties as assigned/required
- Possess a four-year degree or equivalent combination of education and related work experience in AV/Security/IMIT systems design.
- Eligibility for membership with the Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Alberta (APEGA) is preferred
- experience designing high end electronics security systems with knowledge of Video Surveillance, Access Control and Intrusion Detection systems
- Experience in designing structured cabling and infrastructure systems: Rooms/routes/riser, copper/fiber optic converged infrastructure, outside plant and / or data center design,
- Experience in designing AV systems: Public address, presentation systems, collaboration systems, digital signage/ IPTV, and/or broadcast system
- Experience in various types and sizes of projects including: commercial office, Government, healthcare, hospitality, science and technology, transit facilities, sports facilities, higher education.
- Design of integrated intelligent building systems for SMART Buildings is a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with an emphasis on the ability to organize and present design information to clients including reports, presentation, and consultation.
- AutoCAD, Revit, BIM proficiency
- Fluent in the use of Microsoft Office Software (PowerPoint, Skype, Outlook)
- Experience in working directly with clients, owners, architects, vendor and manufacturers
- Industry Certification (BICSI: RCDD; ASIS: PSP: CPP)
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP Canada Inc.