Building Technology Systems Solution Engineer Calgary, AB 04/06/2019
WSP in Calgary, AB
WSP is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 48,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 8,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We're among the LinkedIn Top 25 Companies two years in a row, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects .
At WSP :
- We value our people and our reputation
- We are locally dedicated with international scale
- We are future focused and challenge the status quo
- We foster collaboration in everything we do
- We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable
At WSP, we are driven by inspiring the right people to be part of our future-focused business objectives. Our devotion to teamwork has allowed us to build communities and expand our skylines. Here at WSP, anything is within our reach- and yours as a WSP employee. Come join us and help shape the future!
Talent is the essence of meeting our client's objectives, goals and challenges. If this sounds like a fit for you, we'd love to have that first discussion of you joining our team.
Building Technology Systems Solution Engineer
WSP, an award ? winning and innovative multi ? disciplinary consulting engineering firm, is looking for an Building Technology Systems Solution Engineer. We are searching for candidates in our Calgary, Alberta location. WSP works around the world on large, complex projects with a focus on intelligent building systems, sustainability and energy performance of the built environment.
ABOUT THE JOB
Our Engineers work on high quality, high-profile, national and international projects. You will actively participate in the full project cycle, from the design phase through the final construction close-out. WSP offers excellent growth opportunities: Many of our senior leaders started out as young engineers in our firm.
- Actively engage with our clients on the business value of smart buildings and the role IoT plays in their strategic planning.
- Participation in development of deliverables for building projects including evaluation of client key performance indicators, integrated automation product research, flow diagram development, and controls system integration.
- Provide designs for building technology systems (e.g. Information technology systems, Communications systems, Building management systems, Electronic security systems, Video Surveillance, and Audiovisual systems)
- Produce client needs assessment reports and roadmaps
- Fee budget responsibility on assigned projects
- Overall project lifecycle planning
- Project resource management
- Attend and participate in project meetings (local and out-of-town)
- Perform and document site surveys
- Communicate and coordinate technical design solutions with clients, design teams and vendors
- Coordination and integration of building technology systems with other intelligent building systems
- Public speaking engagements and publishing of business and technology related articles and whitepapers.
- Research and help building end-to-end engineering solution of IoT and Intelligent projects.
- Assesses the scope, requirements, needs, functionality, and timelines associated with complex information technology projects.
- Develops specifications, BOM and cost estimates for new designs for software, hardware and services.
- Possess a four-year engineering degree or equivalent combination of education and related work experience in Information technology systems, communications Systems, electronic security systems, and AV systems design. Eligibility for membership with the Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Alberta (APEGA) is preferred
- Minimum 7 years' experience designing high end Information Technology systems, building management systems, Communications systems, Electronic safety and security systems, Video Surveillance, and Audiovisual systems for the Architectural and Electrical consulting industry.
- Extensive experience in client facing strategic engagements.
- Illustrated experience in technology and systems integration design for various types and sizes of projects including data network and software integration.
- Knowledge of information systems security concepts, standards, technologies, and system architecture and design.
- Specific experience in creation of strategic reports and design of integrated intelligent building systems for Smart Buildings is an asset.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with an emphasis on the ability to organize and present design information to clients.
- Revit experience is a plus.
- Highly proficient in the use of Microsoft Office software.
- Experience in working directly with clients.
- Industry Certification is a plus although not required (BICSI: RCDD; ASIS: PSP, CPP)
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP Canada Inc.