WSP in Vancouver, BC
WSP is one of the world's leading professional engineering services firms. Every day our more than 48,000 experts work to restore the natural environment and transform the built environment.
In Canada, our 8,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We're a Forbes Top Employer in Canada, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects.
At WSP , we're proud, professional and passionate people, join our team.
WSP is currently seeking a Project Accountant to join our Finance Department. This position will be working under the general direction of the Controller. The Project Accountant will be responsible for maintaining project budgets and regular project reviews for our Buildings business units in that office.
- Accurate and timely setup of projects, including both cost and revenue budgets;
- Update, maintain and report on project budgets and forecasts on a regular basis;
- Work closely with Operations Directors to assist in forecasting monthly and quarterly results;
- Reconciliation of project financial results to business unit financial statements;
- Analyze project budget variances and performance indexing;
- Develop, update, maintain and report on project change orders;
- Complete project budget financial reconciliation;
- Review monthly invoices and change orders and reconcile against project budget;
- Work with an independent audit firm for financial system and budget audits;
- Produce monthly project financial reports;
- Assist in preliminary dispute analysis and data gathering;
- Assist project controls in development of ad-hoc financial reports;
- Post-secondary education from an accredited university or college in accounting or finance;
- Accounting designation or working towards a designation
- 4+ years' financial experience in the engineering/construction industry;
- Previous experience in project accounting and financial analysis;
- Good communication and documentation skills with excellent interpersonal skills;
- Conscientious worker, who can work independently or in a team setting with minimal supervision;
- Must be able to prioritize workload and work with deadlines on short notice.
- Experience with Deltek Vision considered an asset, but not a requirement
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP Canada Inc.