WSP in Cambridge, ON
WSP is one of the world's leading professional engineering services firms. Every day our more than 48,000 experts work to restore the natural environment and transform the built environment.
In Canada, our 8,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We're a Forbes Top Employer in Canada, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects.
At WSP , we're proud, professional and passionate people, join our team.
CAMBRIDGE / HAMILTON
WSP is currently seeking an seeking an Administrative Assistant to work in our Cambridge, Ontario office. While this position is currently open in Cambridge, the role will be moving to Hamilton in early 2020 when we move to our new location. Reporting to the Manager, the Administrative Assistant will support the project managers, engineers, and technicians in the office on a daily basis.
- Reception duties which includes answering phone calls, greeting visitors, handling incoming and outgoing mail, couriers, etc.;
- General office administration and office management duties including ordering supplies, ensuring supplies are stocked, etc,;
- Type, format, and prepare documents including proposals, reports, contracts and letters;
- Review and incorporate revisions to documents as necessary;
- Perform research for proposals and reports;
- Assist in the administration of contract-based documentation such as addenda, bids requests, certificates for payment, change orders, and certificates of substantial performance;
- Prepare project documentation (e.g. project opening forms, budget updates, etc.) and liaise with Project Managers and Accounting departments, as appropriate to facilitate project start-up and revisions;
- Using our project management opportunity tracking system to open projects and input opportunities
- Occasionally attend & prepare minutes for meetings;
- Ensure regular (annual, quarterly, etc.) updates to core documentation (e.g. Curriculum Vitae), track and manage team documentation (e.g. protocols, digital resources) are undertaken efficiently to assist in productivity and office performance;
- Provide administrative support to other project teams and business units as required;
- Maintain & catalogue technical library materials;
- Other duties as assigned.
- College degree in Administration, or equivalent training or experience is required;
- College or university degree in an environmental field is as asset;
- 3 to 5 years relevant experience as an Administrative Assistant in a medium sized company to a relatively large company (500 employees or more);
- Previous experience in a geotechnical environment is a strong asset;
- High degree of proficiency on computer software applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) are critical to success in this position;
- Competencies Adobe Acrobat will be considered an asset;
- Suitable candidates will have demonstrated good initiative;
- Attention to detail is critical;
- Ability to adapt to changing prioritize and needs;
- Strong time management skills and ability to follow-through to completion;
- Ability to work in a team environment;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP Canada Inc.