Opportunities for Mechanical Technologists
Fleetway Inc. in Halifax, NS
OPPORTUNITIES FOR MECHANICAL TECHNOLOGISTS
With a strong foundation established over 25 years, Fleetway offers a comprehensive capability of engineering, technical, logistics, and management services. We have built an outstanding team of people and partners, invested in the tools, and earned an exemplary track record servicing our customers.
The Fleetway experience includes project design and development, project implementation, in-service support, and disposal services. Serving commercial and government clients in the marine, naval, oil & gas, and other industrial sectors, we have the people, the credentials, the infrastructure, and the proven track record to provide our customers with the service excellence and value that they are looking for.
We uphold the highest standards of quality, safety and security, and are registered to the ISO 9001:2015 and ISO 14001: 2015 designations.
- Developing technical studies, drawings and specifications for government and commercial vessels
- Report writing and equipment selection
- Performing engineering design
- Incorporating Engineering Changes into existing designs
- Working on systems integration projects
- Developing 3D models of ship equipment and compartment arrangements
- 2-8 years proven hands-on experience in ship design and marine engineering
- Technology Diploma from a Post Secondary Institution
- Proficient in Microstation and/or AutoCAD
- Proficient in MS Office Suite
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Knowledge of Rhino or other 3D modeling software would be considered an asset
- Experience in Naval Warship design is considered an asset
- Must be eligible to meet requirements for Canadian government security clearances.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in applying for a current or future Mechanical Technologist career opportunity with JDI, please click the "Apply Now" button and complete the online application form. A resume of past experience is required; a cover letter is not.
What to Expect:
All applications will be reviewed by one of our recruiters. If the recruiter sees a potential opportunity (current or future) that matches your skills and experience, you will be contacted to discuss your qualifications, desired work location, and fit within the JDI group of companies. Only those candidates who have the necessary qualifications will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Please be advised that some positions have been designated as 'Safety Sensitive' where the employee holding the position has a heightened responsibility for his/her own safety or the safety of others due to the nature of the job. If this is the case, you will be informed in the interview process
Fleetway Inc. is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees. Fleetway Inc. is committed to providing an accessible organization by removing barriers for people with disabilities.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies, and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.