Moncton Speech Language Pathologist 1 (SL01) PCN 1001978
Horizon Health Network in Moncton, NB
Horizon Health Network is an equal opportunity employer.
COMPETITION #: 2019-37658 External
BARGAINING UNIT: SHCP
DEPARTMENT: Speech Pathology
FACILITY: The Moncton Hospital
POSTING TYPE: Temporary Full Time
JOB TITLE: Speech-Language Pathologist
CLASSIFICATION: Speech Language Pathologist 1 (SL01)
LANGUAGE: English Essential with requirements to handle verbal French inquiries
HOURS OF WORK: Days, TEMP: March 29, 2019 to June 20, 2019, Subject to change due to operational requirements
SALARY: $34.9191 to $ 43.9808 per hour (Subject to employment status)
JOB PURPOSE: The Speech Language Pathologist is responsible for providing assessment, consultation and rehabilitation services for individuals with communication and / or swallowing disorders.
- A Masters degree in Speech Language Pathology or Communication Disorders.
- Must be registered and a member in good standing with the New Brunswick Association of Speech Language Pathologists and Audiologists and eligible for membership with the Canadian Association of Speech Language Pathologists and Audiologists.
- Ability to attend work on a regular basis.
- Ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Good work record.
- Written and spoken competence in English and spoken competence in French are required. (Intermediate Plus)
The Speech Language Pathologist is responsible for:
- Assessing, planning, and providing therapy to individuals and groups
- Maintaining clinical records and documentation
- Providing guidance and support to therapy assistants and other health care providers
- Participating in interdisciplinary care planning
- Providing mentoring and support for students
- Participating in developing, maintaining and evaluating policies and procedures
- Participating in developing and sharing information related to clinical skill sets, best practices and clinical guidelines
Employees are responsible to be aware of and understand Horizon's Terms of Employment: http://skyline/EmploymentBenefits/Pages/Terms-of-your-Employment-.aspx
Competencies identified by Horizon Health Network:
- Analytical Thinking
- Mentoring & Coaching
- Patient/Client Focus
- Planning and Prioritizing Work
- Problem Solving
- Teamwork and Collaboration
Applications for this position must be submitted on-line by March 24, 2019.
NOTE: There will be no further postings for this position should there be no fully qualified applicants. If you wish to be considered for this position and have most of the qualifications as posted and the registration or licensure where required, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
Please quote Competition # 2019- 37658 -External . Horizon Health Network appreciates expressed interest, however, only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. Human Resources Department, Horizon Health Network.