Saint John; Provincial Program Registered Nurse Class A (RNCA) PCN 1257302
Horizon Health Network in Saint John, NB
Horizon Health Network is an equal opportunity employer.
COMPETITION #: 2019-37649 External
BARGAINING UNIT: NBNU
ZONE: Saint John, Provincial Program
DEPARTMENT: CHMS CHC NURSING
FACILITY: Médisanté Saint-Jean
POSTING TYPE: Permanent Full Time
JOB TITLE: Registered Nurse
CLASSIFICATION: RNCA Registered Nurse Class A
LANGUAGE: Bilingual Essential
HOURS OF WORK: Day; Evening, Subject to change due to operational requirements
SALARY: $31.23 to $39.57 per hour
The RNCA provides Primary Health Care services, illness / injury prevention, chronic disease management, and community development services, using a population health approach in an interdisciplinary team of health providers. In keeping with the provincial CHC framework, and the Community Health Program Standards, the service model is based on the principles of primary health care with the primary goal of supporting communities in meeting their health care needs.
The RNCA's responsibilities include provision of care to scheduled and unscheduled patients, involving all phases of the nursing process - assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating, with or without the physician or nurse practitioner on site.
Reports to Manager, Community Health Program, Saint John City
- Bachelor of Nursing Degree
- Registered with Nurses Association of New Brunswick.
- Knowledge of health and community services in the City of Saint John.
- Commitment and ability to establish and maintain a Community Health Centre approach to care.
- Ability to facilitate and advocate health promotion, community advisory development and primary health care initiatives.
- Demonstrated primary health care nursing skills including analysis of health behaviors related to life-style and culture, history, physical assessment, construction of a problem list, and the planning and implementation of health care.
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills in providing direct patient care to people throughout the life span, in all stages of health and complexities of illness, from unpredictable situations and chronic illness to health promotion.
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills in planning, implementing and evaluating client/community, health education and promotion.
- Demonstrated assessment skills and ability to function independently in a team environment with minimal supervision.
- Good work and attendance record.
- Demonstrated communication, interpersonal and team building skills
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Ability to attend work on a regular basis.
- Ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Good work record
- Written and spoken competence in English and French are required. (Advanced Level)
A key role for the Médisanté Saint-Jean is to support the community in meeting its health goals through the delivery of primary care services to the francophone population of Greater Saint John.
- Provides care to the patient/family/community across the lifespan.
- Uses collaborative approach to problem-solving to obtain optimal outcomes.
- Assists with patient care through ongoing educational initiatives.
- Contributes to the development and maintenance of current evidence-based standards of nursing care.
- Contributes to the professional and the organizational vision as it pertains to clinical practice and patient care.
- Promotes positive relationships with patients, families and communities. Works collaboratively with members of the interdisciplinary team.
- Assists in developing and maintaining effective relationships with outside agencies and the community. Acts as liaison between Médisanté Saint-Jean and Community partners.
- Works collaboratively and networks with other professionals to ensure services are available to individuals and/or groups.
- Effectively deploys human relation skills including conflict resolution and team building skills.
- Assists with identifying, planning and implementing health promotion programs based on determined need, in collaboration with individuals, groups and other health care professionals.
- Demonstrates commitment to collaborative practice and professional development.
- Attends in-services and continuing education programs for self-development and participates in formal educational programs.
- Assumes responsibility for maintaining clinical competence.
- Maintains annual certifications in skills/programs as required.
- Assists in orientation of new staff and the education/orientation of nursing
- Shares expertise with peers and others.
NOTE : The above are the basic and prime responsibilities; related and allied duties may be assigned from time to time as may become necessary.
Applications for this position must be submitted on-line by March 24, 2019
NOTE: There will be no further postings for this position should there be no fully qualified applicants. If you wish to be considered for this position and have most of the qualifications as posted and the registration or licensure where required, you are encouraged to apply at this time
Please quote Competition # 2019- 37649 -External . Horizon Health Network appreciates expressed interest, however, only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. Human Resources Department, Horizon Health Network .