Senior Wastewater Engineer
Senior Wastewater Engineer
Our client is driven in all that they do by core values of quality, employee ownership, financial stability, and integrity. Their commitment to creating a strong, stable organization is reflected by their status as one of Canada's Best Managed Companies. Their goal of sustainable growth can only be achieved with the help of great people who share their core values. They're looking for people who want to take ownership of their work and of their company, because they believe that when people take ownership, they achieve greater things.
We are working with our client to hire a Senior Wastewater Engineer who wants to work on a variety of challenging projects and provide mentorship to junior and intermediate staff. This role offers the right candidate the potential for a fast, upwards career progression within a progressive Engineering Consulting firm.
Providing project engineering and technical design expertise, review of hydraulic calculations and process design for various wastewater treatment facilities including:
- Lead business development initiatives, including developing and maintaining a network of clients
- Lead prospect tracking initiatives for a wide range of wastewater clients and projects.
- Ability to contribute to and develop proposal strategy development and articulate proposal concepts and lead the creation of proposals.
- Preparation of conceptual, preliminary and final process designs of:
- Wastewater Treatment Plants
- Pumping Stations
- Equalization tanks
- Ability to lead studies and Class EAs for water and wastewater projects
- Ability to manage procurement and administer contracts
- Ability to lead multi-disciplinary teams in various stages of project development from planning through design to contract administration
- Experience with alternate delivery models such as design-build, design-build-operate and P3
- Risk analysis and management
- Quality management
- Other duties as assigned and appropriate for this position
- Completion of a University degree in Civil, Mechanical or Chemical Engineering from an accredited post-secondary institution. A relevant Post Graduate degree would be considered an asset
- Must be a licensed Engineer within the province of Ontario
- Minimum of 20 years progressive experience in the detailed design and project management of wastewater facilities with at least 15 years working in consulting engineering. Previous Canadian consulting engineering experience would be considered an asset
- Proven Project Management of large projects is greatly valued including project control (budget setting and tracking, earned value analysis, project scheduling, scope change management, agreements)
- PMP designation is considered an asset
- Ability to review hydraulic calculations including hydraulic profiles, pumping applications, chemical feed systems
- Understanding of control and automation systems related to wastewater plant processes.
- Familiarity with drawing production conducted using BIM Modelling Software
- Experience in the design and implementation of wastewater infrastructure, and municipal linear services
- Knowledge of Operator training
- Knowledge of hydraulic modelling software
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office 365 and Microsoft Project
- Superior English communication skills both oral and written
For more information please contact Holly Green at email@example.com or 902-422-1140.