Forensic Attendant (3048)
Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
BARGAINING UNIT: CUPE
ZONE : Zone 5 - Restigouche
FACILITY : Restigouche Hospital Center
DEPARTMENT : Youth Unit
CLASSIFICATION : Forensic Attendant (3048)
STATUS : Temporary full-time (approximately 6 months)
FTE : 1.0
ANTICIPATED DATE : February 2019
HOURS OF WORK :
12-hour shifts - Rotation
Possibility of standby and call back
Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
Performs security related duties and assists nursing and other Health Care Professional staff in providing basic physical and psychiatric care to forensic psychiatric patients. Will be required to participate in the basic physical and psychiatric care of the patients in accordance with the standards and policies of the Forensic Unit. Must supervise, control, monitor the movements, activities, ensure their comfort and the security of patients, perform head counts and patrols within and outside the facility, perform security checks and searches of the units, physical facilities, patients, visitors and personal effects, under the supervision of a Registered Nurse or other Health Care Professional.
- High school graduation plus an additional Correctional Techniques Program of over one year and up to two years or equivalent;
- Successful completion of OMEGA and CPI training programs or commitment to take this training or any other non-violent crisis intervention training;
- Successful completion of a course in the prevention and management of suicidal behaviours within a psychiatric facility or commitment to take such training;
- Current BLS certificate;
- Good judgement and organizational skills;
- Creativity to work with young people with complex needs;
- Ability to use various intervention techniques innovatively.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member;
- Physical ability to perform assigned duties;
- Good previous work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethics principles, to the Network management philosophy and organizational values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality established by the Vitalité Health Network.
Written and spoken competence in English and French is essential.
1. Availability for the entire duration of the assignment.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Vitalité Health Network is a smoke-free environment