Internal Review Specialist
WorkSafeNB is committed to promoting healthy and safe workplaces for New Brunswick's workers and employers. While our priority is preventing workplace injuries and occupational disease, we provide comprehensive rehabilitation services and fair compensation benefits when these do occur.
WorkSafeNB is accepting applications for a permanent position of Internal Review Specialist, at the Workers' Rehabilitation Centre in Grand Bay, New Brunswick. This position will be of interest to individuals who have a developed interest and experience in workplace safety, legislation, policy, administrative law, and claims management.
Reporting to the Manager of the Issues Resolution Office, the Internal Review Specialist is responsible for the review of claim files proceeding to the Workers' Compensation Appeals Tribunal and/or claim files referred by claimants. The Internal Review Specialist will review issues in dispute which are often contentious and/or complex, adhering to the principles of administrative justice properly and consistently interpreting legislation and policy to confirm, vary or reverse claim related decisions made by WorkSafeNB; and create documents and communicate decisions to stakeholders as appropriate.
- Client-Focused Service
- The candidate should possess a university degree in a related field (business, policy, law, clinical) with five years of experience in management or leading complex processes, projects / programs. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- The candidate must demonstrate excellent interpersonal and communication skills; the ability to maintain professional composure in difficult situations.
- Capability to work independently and in a team environment
- Knowledge in some of the following areas: workers' compensation legislation, policy, procedures and its interpretation, administrative law, claims management, medical terminology, Employment Standards Act, Occupational Health and Safety Act, Human Rights Act, the Right to Information and Protection of Privacy Act and the Personal Health Information Privacy and Access Act.
- Written and spoken competence in English and French is required.
WorkSafeNB offers a competitive annual salary with excellent benefits, including:
- Comprehensive benefits package (health, dental, life insurance, long-term disability insurance)
- Pension plan (Province of New Brunswick Public Service Shared Risk Plan)
- Competitive vacation and leave benefits
- Enhanced opportunities for professional development
If you are interested in being part of a highly motivated and collaborative team, including exciting and rewarding career opportunities, please apply online at worksafenb.ca by March 22, 2019.
Applications to this competition may be considered for filling future vacancies.
For more information about WorkSafeNB, or this and other employment opportunities, please visit our website at worksafenb.ca.