Supervisor, Letter Carrier
One (1) temporary, part-time opportunity available in Sydney, NS
If you have what it takes to lead by example in maintaining good public relations, projecting professional service standards and ensuring that the customer experience is a priority at all times, while promoting efficient mail delivery and workplace health and safety, Canada Post is where you want to be.
Working 25 hours per week, as a Supervisor, Letter Carrier, you will supervise the activities of a team of letter carriers, mail service couriers and RSMCs (rural and suburban mail carriers) assigned to a Postal station. In so doing, you will play a pivotal role in ensuring that proper procedures are followed in the handling and delivery of mail relay bundles and the administration of funds collected.
This is a temporary assignment for 6 months, working 25 hours a week, from 14:30 to 19:30, Monday to Friday, with a possible extension of hours in the first 2 weeks to 40 hours for Onboarding and Training.
You bring a successful track record to the role of Supervisor, Letter Carrier:
- A high school diploma or provincial equivalent (GED); equivalent experience may be accepted in lieu of a high school diploma.
- At least 1 year of experience managing a team, OR at least 2 years' experience working within a unionized environment.
- A working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- A valid permanent driver's licence (no graduated or temporary licence).
- A satisfactory safe driving record per Canada Post's Driver Safety Program, which includes:
- Not having received more than 2 moving violations in the last 3 years;
- Not having had more than 3 demerit points assigned in one single violation; and
- Not having your licence suspended, or a prohibition of any kind, in the last 3 years.
- Proficiency in English.
- A post-secondary diploma or degree.
- Experience with distribution processes.
- Experience working in a customer service role (e.g., dealing with customers).
FIND OUT MORE AND APPLY TODAY
To apply for this temporary, part-time position (Job ID 16760) via the Canada Post Careers website, please follow the URL below:
Canada Post is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities.
If you are contacted by Canada Post regarding a job opportunity or testing, please advise if you require accommodation.