Water / Wastewater Facility Operator
The Town of Port Hawkesbury invites applications from suitable candidates for the permanent position of Water / Wastewater Facility Operator in the Engineering and Public Works Department. The Landrie Lake Water Utility and the Town of Port Hawkesbury Water Utility supply raw and treated water to industrial and residential customers in the Town of Port Hawkesbury and areas of Richmond and Inverness County's.
Reporting to and under the direction of the Manager of Water & Wastewater Facilities the Water / Wastewater Facility Operator will operate, inspect, and maintain the treatment, chemical addition, mechanical, electrical, and structural infrastructure associated with the water and wastewater facilities. The successful candidate must be able to participate in a rotating standby / call back schedule with existing staff as well as work independently with limited supervision.
- Grade 12 education plus trades or technical diploma in a related field;
- Previous experience in water / wastewater utility operations, including water distribution, and/or water/wastewater treatment with the applicable operator certifications considered an asset;
- Successful candidate will be required to obtain necessary operator certifications;
- Sound judgement and ability to make correct decisions with short notice;
- Strong mechanical aptitude;
- Safety training, including, confined space, fall protection, first aid/CPR;
Work With Us
Salary will commensurate qualifications and experience.
Applications will be accepted until 2:00 p.m. on Friday, March 29, 2019.
To apply please forward your cover letter and resume via email or in person to:
Terry Doyle, P.Eng.
CAO - Town of Port Hawkesbury
606 Reeves Street
Port Hawkesbury, N.S.