DEPARTMENT OF TOURISM, HERITAGE AND CULTURE
(from May to September 2019)
The Department of Tourism, Heritage and Culture is seeking students in various positions for the following locations throughout the province within the Parks and Attractions branch:
- République Provincial Park
- Herring Cove Provincial Park
- Hopewell Rocks
- Mactaquac Provincial Park
- Mount Carleton Provincial Park
- Murray Beach Provincial Park
- New River Beach Provincial Park
- Parlee Beach Provincial Park
- Sugarloaf Provincial Park
- Village Historique Acadien
Some positions require customer service, retail experience and/or experience performing manual tasks. For lifeguard positions, you must meet the prerequisite for the NLS - waterfront course (minimum 16 years of age, Bronze Cross and Standard First Aid (need not be current) from a recognized organization).*
*Note: You will be required to attend and successfully complete the NLS - waterfront course.
You must be a team player and be able to work under minimum or no supervision.
- A student in the current academic year;
- A resident of New Brunswick or a First Nation community in New Brunswick;
- Eligible to work in Canada;
- You must be attending a post-secondary institution full-time in the fall.*
*Note: grade 12 students are eligible if attending a full-time post-secondary institution in the fall
Some positions require written and spoken competence in English and French. Other positions require spoken competence in either English or in French only. Please state your language capability and Please indicate your preferred work location.
Applicants must clearly demonstrate the essential qualifications to be given further consideration. Please ensure that preferred language for assessment is identified on your resume.
The following operational requirements are also required:
- working evenings;
- weekend; and
BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES: The successful candidates will possess the following behavioral competencies:
- Client Service and Orientation;
- Commitment to Learning;
- Effective Interactive Communication;
- Teamwork and Cooperation;
SALARY: Based on Student Rates of Pay (40 hours per week).
We encourage applicants to apply on-line, by email to email@example.com or by mail at the following address:
Department of Tourism, Heritage and Culture
Human Resource Branch
Marysville Place, 4th floor
P.O. Box 6000, Fredericton, NB E3B 5H1
This competition will remain open until the positions are filled.
We thank all those who apply however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
We promote a scent-reduced environment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The New Brunswick Public Service: Improving the lives of New Brunswickers every day!