Manager, Issues Resolution Office
WorkSafeNB is committed to promoting healthy and safe workplaces for New Brunswick's workers and employers. While our priority is preventing workplace injuries and occupational disease, we provide comprehensive rehabilitation services and fair compensation benefits when these do occur.
WorkSafeNB is accepting applications for the permanent position of Manager, Issues Resolution Office, at the Workers' Rehabilitation Centre in Grand Bay, New Brunswick. This position will be of interest to individuals who have leadership competencies and a developed interest and experience in workplace safety, legislation, policy, administrative law, and claims management.
Reporting to the Associate General Counsel and Corporate Secretary, the Manager of the Issues Resolution Office is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Issues Resolution Office and will ensure its effective operation. They will lead a team of Internal Review Specialists, in the review of claims that are under appeal and proceeding to the Worker's Compensation Appeals Tribunal. These reviews consist of reviewing case details and interpreting legislation and policy to confirm, reverse or vary the original WorkSafeNB decision.
- Leading Change
- Nurturing Innovation and Continuous Improvement
- Fostering Learning and Development
- Fostering Communication
- Emotional Intelligence / Self-Awareness
- Client-Focused Service
- The candidate should possess a university degree in a related field (business, policy, law) with five years of experience in management, leadership of multi-disciplinary teams, or complex processes, projects / programs. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Knowledge in the following areas is considered an asset: workers' compensation legislation, policy, procedures and its interpretation, administrative law, claims management, medical terminology, Employment Standards Act, Occupational Health and Safety Act, Human Rights Act, the Right to Information and Protection of Privacy Act and the Personal Health Information Privacy and Access Act.
- English spoken and written is required. Bilingualism (English & French) is considered an asset.
WorkSafeNB offers a competitive annual salary with excellent benefits, including:
- Comprehensive benefits package (health, dental, life insurance, long-term disability insurance)
- Pension plan (Province of New Brunswick Public Service Shared Risk Plan)
- Competitive vacation and leave benefits
- Enhanced opportunities for professional development
If you are interested in being part of a highly motivated and collaborative team, including exciting and rewarding career opportunities, please apply online at worksafenb.ca by March 22, 2019.
For more information about WorkSafeNB, or this and other employment opportunities, please visit our website at worksafenb.ca.