WSP in Ottawa, ON
WSP is one of the world's leading professional engineering services firms. Every day our more than 48,000 experts work to restore the natural environment and transform the built environment.
In Canada, our 8,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We're a Forbes Top Employer in Canada, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects.
At WSP , we're proud, professional and passionate people, join our team.
JR. PROJECT ADMINISTRATION
WSP is currently seeking a Jr. Project Administration to join our Structural team, currently located in an integrated project office in downtown Ottawa. As a member of the team working on the Centre Block Rehabilitation project, you will be collaborating with an integrated team of designers collectively branded as CENTRUS, and with builders and government agencies. Reporting to the department Manager, the incumbent is required to interact closely with structural and other CENTRUS staff to ensure the timely delivery of numerous components of the project.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Assisting with the project task initiation processes, including file set-ups and other start-up documentation;
- Scheduling of meetings, including minute taking;
- Collaboration/assistance with the development, production and distribution of reports, studies, and general correspondence, ensuring standard formats are used, and a high-quality standard is maintained;
- Management of project and program information, including maintaining database and filing;
- Administration/support of enterprise/cloud-based portals for the project;
- Assisting with daily administrative duties and tasks, including, typing, formatting, photocopying, emailing, and couriering documents;
- Providing assistance to staff to ensure completion of projects on a timely basis;
- Providing assistance with travel requirements/scheduling;
- Maintaining team out-of-office and vacation calendars;
- The first point of contact with new staff and visitors to the structural team, ensuring they are appropriately accommodated in the office and are made familiar with standard work procedures and practices;
- Planning/coordinating team events;
- Collaborating with counterparts in other CENTRUS disciplines;
- Other duties as assigned/required.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- College diploma in Administration or other equivalent training;
- 4 years of relevant experience as a Jr. Project Coordinator and/or Administration Assistant
- Excellent organizational and time management skills to respond to changing priorities and handling multiple tasks;
- Proven ability to meet deadlines;
- Good initiative, strong attention to detail;
- Decision making and problem-solving ability;
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Proficient in computer software applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Bluebeam);
- Experience working with SharePoint, or similar collaborative platform, would be an asset;
- Ability to communicate in French is an asset.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP Canada Inc.